Master Cylinder (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone

1993 JDM Land Cruiser. Are the US and JDM master cylinders the same? As in, can I go to Napa and grab a new one?

Brakes are hella mushy. New pads rotors and calipers in all 4 corners. Bled real good and have clear fluid coming out.

When I pump the brake when stopped it gets firm, but slowly sinks down.

Cheers

Forgot to mention,

There seems to be very little contact in the rear rotors. I can still see the cross etching after a week of driving.

Forgot to mention,

There seems to be very little contact in the rear rotors. I can still see the cross etching after a week of driving.
Did you bleed the LSPV?

Did you follow the order of bleeding?

Since yours is RHD,
LR, RR, LSPV, LF, RF, LSPV

Does it have ABS? If so, then you take it out, activate the ABS a few times, and do it all again.

Did you bleed the LSPV?

Did you follow the order of bleeding?

Since yours is RHD,
LR, RR, LSPV, LF, RF, LSPV

Does it have ABS? If so, then you take it out, activate the ABS a few times, and do it all again.
I bled it correctly yes. Is there a specific way to bleed the Proportioning Valve? I thought it would just bleed while I'm doing everything else...

I bled it correctly yes. Is there a specific way to bleed the Proportioning Valve? I thought it would just bleed while I'm doing everything else...
It has a bleed screw on it. Same procedure as bleeding a caliper. I'd recommend soaking in WD40 of PB Blaster for a bit though, the bolts and nuts on the LSPV tend to get rusty.

I agree with the others, the LSVP sounds like your problem with the rears.

A7FA4CB7-6536-4EBD-B676-1D8D519710E7_1_105_c.jpeg

Here is a photo of the MS, if that helps.

Sure would be nice if those were still available. I'm in the process of converting my son's '94 into a '95, along with the rewiring that goes along with the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom