Maroon 1994, Cloth Interior, No 3rd Row - How Rare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My buddy recently bought a maroon 1994 FZJ80 with dark brown cloth interior, moonroof, lockers, port installed roof rack, and no third row (no seatbelts or bolt holes for a third row back there). Not quite unicorn status, but I'd not seen one like that before. How rare is his rig?

Thanks
Russell

Are you sure the a PO didnt remove the third row hardware? I think I might have heard of non 3rd row trucks but they were generally poverty package so no sunroof. Someone with more knowledge than me will probably know better though.

My buddy recently bought a maroon 1994 FZJ80 with dark brown cloth interior, moonroof, lockers, port installed roof rack, and no third row (no seatbelts or bolt holes for a third row back there). Not quite unicorn status, but I'd not seen one like that before. How rare is his rig?

Thanks
Russell

If it has a moon roof it's no Poverty Pack. 3rd row just removed. Another way to tell is whether it has sliding rear windows. The Poverty Packs had fixed rear windows.

The third row is not only not there, there are no seatbelts and no bolt holes for a third row under the carpet.
And the rear windows are one piece glass, not sliding.
So, unicorn?

Seems like it. @Delancy has a poverty pack 80 I think. Wonder if his has a moon roof. I was fairly certain they didn't come with them.

Someone may of added the moonroof. Does this 80 have manual crank windows and door locks? Sounds like a nice find!

The moonroof is by all appearances factory. It is identical to the one in my 96 and is no hack job. It would be very difficult to install one this clean. I'm 99.99% sure it's factory.
It has power windows and locks all the way around. And although the interior is brown, the plastic is not the Oak color. His mechanic ordered a new master window switch for the driver's door and installed it, and it's lighter than the brown plastic throughout this rig. It's an unusual rig. I should look at the VIN plate in the driver's door and post a photo.

Yea, I'd like to see the vin. There are A LOT of people on here with a lot more 80 knowledge than I have, but I thought the poverty package consisted of no power doors, windows or moonroof. Unless this was brought over from the Middle East somewhere? I'm clueless!

Seems like it. @Delancy has a poverty pack 80 I think. Wonder if his has a moon roof. I was fairly certain they didn't come with them.

IMG_3322.JPG

Maroon? Is that original paint?
Toyota Land Cruiser Touchup Paint Codes, Image Galleries, Brochure and TV Commercial Archives

I thought that trucks without a 3rd row also lacked the mounting hardware and seatbelt mounts. See if those are in the back- if so, likely that the previous owner just removed them.

Maroon is the same as medium red pearl.

Also all,the poverty pack 80s I've come across have been 95,96,97 years. Never seen one from the 93,94 vintage. Pictures would be helpful.

Being a transition year, it's anyone's guess as to 'why', but could have been dealer ordered without third row and/or cloth.

Don't think it's a 'rare' find, but one can hope, myself included, because if the lack of third row in a '94 = $X, then the lack of third row, sliding glass, powered leather seats, factory tint, and sunroof should = $10x in a 'rare, last production year' 1997.

The truck could be a JDM one. Mine is a late 92 (bigger brakes, no air bag, no abs, just ready for the 24 valve motor) with sunroof, Center console fridge, fixed rear windows and no rear seats or any evidence that they were even thought of. Oh and the factory fitted rear tyre swing mount.
Seems like there are many variations.
We get the odd Australian one imported here but they mostly have the 1HZ motor and struggle here on the hills.

Regardless the status, I'd pay strong $$$ for the rear glass.

Going 1 piece is my dream, esp since to me a "poverty pack" 80 is my real 'want' over the Sage 40th's.
Let everyone else have them, slick rear windows are my dream.

Is it a nice 80 or has it had a less-than-awesome life?

And whoever got that cherry 'pov pak' 80 FS last year, I hope you're not letting your kid beat on it, that 80 is worth more than most all our 80's here.

What I like about the poverty pack 80s are the lack of perforations in perfectly good top side sheet metal, ie, no roof rack, no moon roof, no dust spoiler. All these things breed rust over time and without them you stand a decent chance of making these rigs last a long time. Unfortunately they still came with fender flares (AFAIK) which put holes in the fenders but they're at least easier to fill if wanted.

I went out of my way to find a sage 40th with no roof rack and spoiler, with lockers and low miles and now I'm dealing with water intrusion from the stupid sunroof. :bang: And it hasn't been as easy as running trimmer string down the drain holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom