March 4th ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What a great day everyone. We headed up from Timmys around 945 ish a.m.The trail was really diverse. The beginning section was relatively easy with stock riggs making it up without to much hassle. We ran into a local who also happened to own the land we were crossing to get to the trail area and he offered to guide us to a different trail. This second guided portion proved to be a bit challenging and I chickened out in my stock HJ 60. I caught a ride with Chris in his stock 45 (darn I can't rember his online handle) and we all pushed further into the trails and bush. We ended up taking a trail that was narrow with a combination of rocks roots and mud mixed in with a couple 1-2foot deep ponds. After one large pond Chris decided it was time to pack it in and we both caught rides with some of the other riders. We got to one really steep section that our guide (jeep) got stuck on and had to be winched out. Steve made it up no problems with his 80 and locked diffs. Good work Steve. There was a brief mecnanical interlude thankfully nothing beyond the mechanical abilities of some of the group members (except me) but everyone got through safe and sound. We all had some lunch and admired the view. After that it was off to Ma Millers for a barley sandwich and them home. Great day with a good turn out. I think we were out there with about 6 rigs.Thanks everyone for the great time.

Last edited:
Good write up Al, all we need now are some illustrations! I saw lots of cameras, so I know there's lots of sweet action shots. Unfortunatly I did not bring a camera, so I can't wait to see everyone's pics. Thanks again to the club for a great trip!
:beer: -Ken

looks like fun, wish i was still on the island.

Hey there it's the guy in the high-vis vest and waders that ran into you guys last weekend! I've been trying to call that guy about his 80 for sale ( can't remember the guy in the LX450's name who gave me the phone number on the back of the VI cruiser card). Any other info. about the cruiser? :)

man...you know, i havnt really been very active round here in the past couple months...been playing around with making knives but you guys sure make me wish i was back home behind the wheel again! nice pics it looks like it was a pretty good run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom