March 21 Car Owner Virus Run **UPDATED** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

Cordova Pass is no good, so Shelf Road and Phantom Canyon it is. Plan on meeting at the Alta gas station on the south side of Woodland Park (Crystola), between 8am and 8:30am. Departure time is 8:30am. We will head to Cripple Creek from there where we will jump on the Shelf Road heading south to Canon City, from there we will take Phantom Canyon back north into Divide. Those that want a shorter day can skip Phantom Canyon.

This is basically a forest road trip with good scenery, so those of you just wanting to get out but not necessarily test out your rig, this will be a good day for that.

We can plan to stop and eat lunch along the route at some point, so bring a lunch.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
I'm not going to make this weekend, but I hope that you find Cordova open (or at least partially open).

I should make it. Since I've never been out that way before, what sort of timeline are we looking at? From what I can tell it's a good couple hours drive from here. I was going to try and bring my daughter again, so I want to be prepared, nothing worse than being in a truck with a 3 year old if I've forgotten something...

Thanks guys, looking forward to putting some miles down on Saturday.

If I can get my 80 up by the weekend, I will most likely be in pending any travel restrictions from work

I was at Cordova pass a week ago and it was still snow covered . I made it within a few miles of the National Forest (area coming from Aguilar). Did not try the road up above North Lake but there was plenty of snow up there and both lakes were frozen solid. I'm sure it will be better after 2 weeks but...

shelf road is closed currently for road work just so you know, an alternative if you are interested is deer haven, which is just west of canon city, and takes to to just west of cripple creek

here is a preview of the route im talking about

off road clc.jpg

i would still like to reccomend taking deer haven if you have never takin it!!

We can put it to a group vote at the Alta:) I have never taken that route, how does it compare?

I am good with either route.

Thanks for the info!

awesome deer haven is just a county road that is maybe slightly more washbord than shelf road, but has buetiful views and scenery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom