Man A Fre Shackle Reversal Questions/ Inital Impressions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full knuckle rebuilds we’re done last year and tires are fairly new. I’ll drop the stabilizer and do a once over without it on again to see if I can find some play other than in the steering box itself.

From the info that I got from the PO of my truck, I have almost the same suspension setup as you, 4" OME Heavy+ with MAF shackle reversal . No issues with the Toyota driveshaft showing splines for me, but as mentioned above it sounds like you might have an aftermarket driveshaft. Here's a photo of the shackle angle on mine, let me know if there's any other photos I can take that would help.

I'm in the process of doing the shackle reversal on my 60, I have Man A Fre's brackets. I'm in the process of doing a cut and turn right now to put the pinion up toward the Tcase and putting my double cardan DS (wasn't on before.). I also have OME Heavy+ and on 35's.
I am planning on using 4 High in the mountains here on the western slope of CO, mainly for winter driving.

I have one question, do you have any vibration in 4 high at any speed? (I'm assuming your setup is the same as mine.)

I'd love before and after pictures for front and rear if anyone has them. I'm a follow the directions/visual guy, not one with god given know how to do this from the pile of parts that came from manafre. I'm getting ready to do this suspension upgrade as the 4" manafre OME lift with Shackle reversal seemed like a good way to go as my current OME is sagging and tired. I have 33s but with the 4' plan to move to 35s when tread is done. But right now have more head scratching going on to even think of starting.

I'm in the process of doing the shackle reversal on my 60, I have Man A Fre's brackets. I'm in the process of doing a cut and turn right now to put the pinion up toward the Tcase and putting my double cardan DS (wasn't on before.). I also have OME Heavy+ and on 35's.
I am planning on using 4 High in the mountains here on the western slope of CO, mainly for winter driving.

I have one question, do you have any vibration in 4 high at any speed? (I'm assuming your setup is the same as mine.)
I have a MAF SR kit on my truck with the original springs up front, the shackles sit dead vertical. I do get vibration in 4 High from about 20-30mph. It’s not a lot, but it’s there. I recently had the front driveshaft rebuilt with longer splines, fresh u-joints, and some clearencing around the yolks so it doesn’t bind up under full stuff - no change in the vibes though. It has shims but I don’t know what degree. Maybe it needs a slightly different angle.

Overall the truck steers and stops great. Recently put Dobinsons springs on the rear with dogbone-style 6.25” shackles and it sits pretty level. When I got this truck it had 3.5” shackles on the rear and the front was way higher up. Running 33” KO2s for what it’s worth.

Let me know if you want photos of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom