Making a prerunner bar...using the ARB bar?

I want to make a"Prerunner" bar out of my ARB bar. Basically, I want to literally slice off the ENTIRE top portion of the ARB bar...and have a completely smooth bumper on top. Then I want to start fresh with my own design.
With all the welds and bars..will this be possible?
airlaird

Well Christos' bar is fantastic...but not quite the style I need. I have the non winch ARB and wanted a clean slate.
airlaird

I saw a write up a long time ago by a guy from Oz who decaptitated his ARB. I remember that it looked great and that he dropped some significant weight.

There is also someone over in the 100 series forum that chopped his ARB and it looked really nice. Took it down to the lowest horizontal bar.

I want to make a"Prerunner" bar out of my ARB bar. Basically, I want to literally slice off the ENTIRE top portion of the ARB bar...and have a completely smooth bumper on top. Then I want to start fresh with my own design.
With all the welds and bars..will this be possible?
airlaird

:D May I have your top when you cut it off? :D

Steve,

That is exactly what our president planned to do before he foolishly sold his (wife's) 1997. Shoot Gary an emial.

Well no drawing but I am cutting off the steel tomorrow. I will post pics. I have always thought the ARB bar was "too busy" up front. But I will be making a Prerunner bar...similar to Christo's. I will then paint it Charcoal Grey (Forerunner grey). Pics tomorrow I hope.
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom