Make an introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Everybody,
My name is Dominic, I'm 36 and I live in Cortez, CO. I've been involved in Land Cruisers and off roading for about 15 years, worked as a fabricator in off road shops and race teams for about 10 years. I grew up in Pennsylvania, and got my start into all this stuff back there. I moved to Colorado in 2015 and have been exploring, wheeling, camping, hiking, and generally enjoying this state like crazy since I got here. For toys, I've got a mostly stock 1998 100 series that just clicked past 300k which is my main rig right now, then I have a 2001 Tacoma, and a 2004 Honda CRF250X. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to meet and wheel with some of you guys, hopefully there are a couple western slope trails on the 2021 schedule! Here's a shot of my cruiser on Kennebec Pass.

IMG_2443.JPG

Welcome! I believe the group will be putting together the 2021 schedule in a couple weeks?

I'll be keeping an eye out. I can always venture towards that side of the mountains too, but there's a lot of people over there!

Hi All

I am Steve Martz located in Evergreen. This is my very first post. I have to admit though that as of right now I am just an ASPIRATIONAL Land Cruiser owner. I am currently shopping for an 80 series. I have had a lot of off-road experience and in the past owned XJs, Tacoma, and many dirt bikes. So just a newb to LCs. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and getting out there for the meet-ups.

PS - If anyone wants to show off their 80 series rig, would love to meet ya and check it out so I can get nicely grounded in my build.

Cheers!

Hi All

I am Steve Martz located in Evergreen. This is my very first post. I have to admit though that as of right now I am just an ASPIRATIONAL Land Cruiser owner. I am currently shopping for an 80 series. I have had a lot of off-road experience and in the past owned XJs, Tacoma, and many dirt bikes. So just a newb to LCs. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and getting out there for the meet-ups.

PS - If anyone wants to show off their 80 series rig, would love to meet ya and check it out so I can get nicely grounded in my build.

Cheers!

Welcome!

I'm a little far in Colorado Springs, but if you're ever this way, say something and you can check out my rig. Also, if you ever make any of the runs, there's usually a hand full of nice 80's.

Hello. I just bought a 1985 LandCruiser and I wanted to see who else was out there. This is my first four wheeled off-road vehicle. I live in Colorado Spirngs. Just wanted to say hello.
Welcome! Now post some pictures of what looks to be a pretty sweet rig in your thumbnail...

Greetings! Picked up a new to me 100 series at the end of this past summer.

She's giving me hell so far, and the local mechanic refers to her as "that piece of s***". But she's all mine, and to be honest, get on pretty well with the crazy and unstable ones anyway.

Here's a photo from this past week. The other woman in my life, earning the right for me never calling her car a piece of s***..

20210112-untitled-20210112_145143.jpg

Does CLC have a website other than here on MUD?

Does CLC have a website other than here on MUD?

The webpage is meant to be a "landing" to direct everyone to this clubhouse forum on IH8mud. Thanks for the reminder that we need to update that page for 2021 and add a prominent link directing visitors to this clubhouse forum.

We use the Facebook page primarily to post trail ride dates and meeting location; then we hang some photos afterward.

Greetings! Picked up a new to me 100 series at the end of this past summer.

She's giving me hell so far, and the local mechanic refers to her as "that piece of s***". But she's all mine, and to be honest, get on pretty well with the crazy and unstable ones anyway.

Here's a photo from this past week. The other woman in my life, earning the right for me never calling her car a piece of s***..
Always need more pictures!

My wonderful wife has a 2008 Honda CR-V, made in Japan unlike many CR-Vs here in the US. The CR-V is my favorite car for running errands, navigating city traffic, and making the quick run to Costco before they close. Can't beat it's reliability, mpg, and how easy it is to do mechanical work.

Reactions: SAS
Well this poor little CRV hasn't had an oil change in over two years. Four letter word for loose woman, that has become the car's nickname, is carved into the hood along with some racing stripes down the sides for flair. Snowplow had its way with her a couple years ago, driver side rear door and window are inoperable. Passenger window is held up with string, exhaust leak fills the cabin at stop lights, and can't figure out whether it burns or leaks oil faster, definitely both (her logic in not changing the oil).

Tis not mine, and probably too late for saving. Already shopping for something new, just waiting for the day it blows up. And yet, here I am, getting towed...

Anyway, finally nailed down the no-start issue; an aftermarket blower motor would kill the truck as soon as it was engaged, or prevent truck from starting if switched on. And only on the single digit days where the defroster is really needed..

20201124-untitled-20201124_114322.jpg

Howdy all!

Currently in 01 LX470/hundo. LC 100 springs on AHC in the back and tweeked torsion bars up front, 23Zero Walkabout 87 on the roof, ARB bullbar up front and riding on 297/70R17 Duratracs and runs on a gerbil in the timing belt...(pic below) Kiddos and pups on board most days. 3rd LC for me. In the past, I had a 77 fj40, and a 98 fzj80. 3 4runners in between, 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation.

I'm in the Springs, and often up for a snowy or muddy adventure, so I hope to meet you all out on the trail.

Usually monitoring GMRS on trail. WRFL 654

Cheers,
Otter.

Screenshot_2020-09-01-21-32-39.png

20210220_161457.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom