Maintenance / repairs on high-mileage 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if this is going to help you or not, but we just scored a pretty nice 2011 Lx570 out of Dallas Tx with about 140k and absolutely no rust and I couldn't be happier.
The 100 and 200 series trucks are awesome and you could not tell by driving them if they have 100 or 200k miles on the clock.
Milage is hardly an issue with these trucks... buy one with better service history and no rust.

100%

2008 with 225k. Had the radiator replaced at about 80k. Did the front rotor / caliper upgrade recently and went and changed front bearings and hubs but they were not bad. Just did pcv valve change. Original still rattled tho.
I’m on original water pump, starter, alternator, suspension. All things to be handled soon! Other than that no major items. I do have a slow coolant leak (never had a temp spike) I will chase down and there was a little oil on one of the spark plugs but I’ll live with that.

2008 with 225k. Had the radiator replaced at about 80k. Did the front rotor / caliper upgrade recently and went and changed front bearings and hubs but they were not bad. Just did pcv valve change. Original still rattled tho.
I’m on original water pump, starter, alternator, suspension. All things to be handled soon! Other than that no major items. I do have a slow coolant leak (never had a temp spike) I will chase down and there was a little oil on one of the spark plugs but I’ll live with that.

Which rotor/caliper upgrade? Tundra or 16+ parts?

I just bought my first 200. A 2014 with 121k miles (well maintained from a quality dealer who goes after good 100's and 200's). My only concern were the miles; I purchased because it incredibly clean - inside and out. I saw an opportunity to buy clean 200, albeit with more miles than I wanted... It was previously a TX truck and someone drove a lot of highway miles to and from work. It truly has the wear and tear of a 50k mile (or less) truck. That said, definitely more miles than I wanted but I made an exception. Anything I should be expecting soon in terms of major items on 200s?

200.jpg

I just bought my first 200. A 2014 with 121k miles (well maintained from a quality dealer who goes after good 100's and 200's). My only concern were the miles; I purchased because it incredibly clean - inside and out. I saw an opportunity to buy clean 200, albeit with more miles than I wanted... It was previously a TX truck and someone drove a lot of highway miles to and from work. It truly has the wear and tear of a 50k mile (or less) truck. That said, definitely more miles than I wanted but I made an exception. Anything I should be expecting soon in terms of major items on 200s?

View attachment 2363116
Radiator is one thing to check if it hasn't already been replaced. A few threads on that here on mud, but the first sign is a hairline crack on top
120k is just being broken in, welcome!

Radiator is one thing to check if it hasn't already been replaced. A few threads on that here on mud, but the first sign is a hairline crack on top
120k is just being broken in, welcome!
Thank you for this - I had a 2006 Land Cruiser for 10 years, only had 167k miles when I sold it ...so getting into a 2014 with 121k miles felt odd. That said, I wouldn't have done it with any other vehicle. I know these things are built to last if taken care of. Thanks again.

I was looking at a 2013 with good maintenance history with 205k miles. Kinda nervous about it because it is not local to me. Not sure what to offer for it. Looks to be in amazing condition though. Even the drivers seat is in great shape. All services done through Toyota dealers. From the south so no rust.

@fordhudson

Things I’d be looking into service history for, beyond regular maintenance:
Radiator
Water pump/thermostat
Spark plugs
Brake rotor change (Not just turned)

Wish-list item if you frequently go to places where communication/towing is scarce because if it goes out it is a pain in the ass to get the vehicle started, but many of them go much further without issue:
Starter

~120k other maintenance
Coolant drain/fill
Transmission drain/fill

Last edited:
@fordhudson

Things I’d be looking into service history for, beyond regular maintenance:
Radiator
Water pump/thermostat
Spark plugs
Brake rotor change (Not just turned)

Wish-list item if you frequently go to places where communication/towing is scarce because if it goes out it is a pain in the ass to get the vehicle started, but many of them go much further without issue:
Starter

~120k other maintenance
Coolant drain/fill
Transmission drain/fill
Thank you so much for this

I'll play along:
2008, purchased with 140k on it.
Wife thought I was crazy.
5 years later at 225k, heres my list of repairs:
Radiator
Starter
Window seals
Rack and pinion

Thinhs changed for preference:
Tundra suspension
Tundra front brakes
Tundra/100 series gears (4.30)
Icon shocks

This has been my favorite vehicle to own and to drive.
It can tow our boat, hold 6 people, and wheel moab like a goat.
Even at 200k miles it doesnt have a leak, a squeak or rattle.

Love this truck.

I have an 08 LX

Here’s my list of repairs:
-fuel pump at 105k
-Radiator/hoses/water pump at 111k since it cracked and got coolant everywhere.
-rear AHC shocks

Here are the proactive maintenance items
-starter at 135k
-sway bar bushings front and rear
-AHC flush (not quite proactive)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom