MagnaFlow Overland Series Cat-Back Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am not familiar with this website but overlandwarehouseonline.com has it for sale at 36% off. That puts it at $781.00 so I just thought I would pass it along for anybody who maybe interested in it! Definitely makes it more reasonable!

I am not familiar with this website but overlandwarehouseonline.com has it for sale at 36% off. That puts it at $781.00 so I just thought I would pass it along for anybody who maybe interested in it! Definitely makes it more reasonable!
Wow, price has gone up since I bought mine... but I just checked the place I bought hottexhaust.com and it is also $781.

• Haha
Reactions: r2m
Wow, price has gone up since I bought mine... but I just checked the place I bought hottexhaust.com and it is also $781.
Too funny! PDQGX posts what he thinks is a great price and BigSwede just kills it with how expensive it is! :rofl:

It's $781 straight from Magnaflow 🤷‍♂️

It is pretty darn expensive for a 409 SS exhaust, which is why I went with a 304 SS Borla instead for $650 from Amazon, and then hacked it up to get rid of the drone :). Exhausts on these can be a great mod but open up an expensive rabbit hole in getting them to sound just right. That Magnaflow muffler looks pretty small so I'm betting this is a drone-prone exhaust.

I would like to hear the Magnaflow in-person to compare it to my modded Borla (which, sans a slight drone from 1500-2000 rpm, is pretty darn quiet but gives the GX a perfect V8 rumble).

FYI - Summit Racing is often the best place to get big stuff like this due to free shipping over $100.

Heck, just go with Cherry Bomb glass packs! That was the hot ticket for our V-8's in high school.

Too funny! PDQGX posts what he thinks is a great price and BigSwede just kills it with how expensive it is! :rofl:
Well that wasn't really my intention... I bought mine ~3 years ago, so I guess inflation since then (like everything else) made it seem expensive.

That Magnaflow muffler looks pretty small so I'm betting this is a drone-prone exhaust.

I absolutly HATED the Magnaflow exhaust the previous owner installed on my BMW due to the droan. I was embarassed when I had colleagues in the car due to the number of comments I received. I removed it and found a factory exhaust to reinstall. Two years later the person I picked up the factory exhaust from asked me if I would sell it back to them. I was shocked how poorly the magnaflow held up compared the factory BMW exhaust components.

I absolutly HATED the Magnaflow exhaust the previous owner installed on my BMW due to the droan. I was embarassed when I had colleagues in the car due to the number of comments I received. I removed it and found a factory exhaust to reinstall. Two years later the person I picked up the factory exhaust from asked me if I would sell it back to them. I was shocked how poorly the magnaflow held up compared the factory BMW exhaust components.
Hope you sold it back to them for a small profit! ;)

Save yourself the money. I had the clearance robbing resonator cut off and a piece of 409 SS welded on in its place. It dumps at the rear bumper. No drone with decent WOT V8 noise.

01891e6a-cd68-4a6e-a7ba-df714149a4a0-jpeg.2914408

The Overland system doesn't drone.

Just finished installing mine a few hours ago. Cold start has a nice tone, but that’s as far as I’ve made it.

Have you watched the lifestyle overland GX install video? They do a nice job of capturing several before and after conditions.
Yes, but in my experience sound clips are not always perfectly representative of reality and can vary between recording device/camera. More examples is usually better.

Last edited:
Yes, but in my experience sound clips are not always perfectly representative of reality and can vary between recording device/camera. More examples is usually better.
I’ll see what I can do. I have to make some adjustments because it’s contacting something underneath. Once at temp it rattles like crazy at idle.

I’ll see what I can do. I have to make some adjustments because it’s contacting something underneath. Once at temp it rattles like crazy at idle.
Some people have had to cut off a protruding bolt or screw they were hitting above the axle. But I was able to adjust my system so it didn't hit anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom