MAF and TPS issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys im getting 3 codes and the fuel tank light is flashing when bridging te1 and e1 terminals, its a 96’ 1fz, codes are as follows, speed sensor, as it danced a bit then stopped, MAF sensor and TPS, i have a maf on the way so will change that and maybe the tps as its obviously the original item, is there anything else i should be checking? It runs fine at times then will randomly stall or drop to aboug 400rpm

Your 96 has an OBD-II computer in it. The best way to see the codes is with a code reader. Take it down to Autozone and have them plug a reader into it to find all the codes. They do it for free. You need this solid info to be sure what the computer is telling you. Then, lets talk about what could be wrong.....

I recommend you buy a code reader from a discount auto parts store or harbor freight for very few $$ and keep it in the truck for whenever you may need it. An odbII bluetooth sender and smartphone app also works well. You can go either route for $20 to $30 and will be glad to have a reader permanently in the truck long term.

You can get a bluetooth OBD-II unit that will work with your phone or tablet. Not only reads codes but will give you real-time information as well. Cheap on Amazon. I use one with the Torque app. Works well.

Your 96 has an OBD-II computer in it. The best way to see the codes is with a code reader. Take it down to Autozone and have them plug a reader into it to find all the codes. They do it for free. You need this solid info to be sure what the computer is telling you. Then, lets talk about what could be wrong.....
I bought a code reader but cant find an obd port anywhere

That is super easy info to find!
It's in the dash. Drive side with the fuse box. Very close to your left knee.

The following thread shows pictures of fuse boxes with and without ports. If your's is a US '96 it should have it. Perhaps the screws were removed and it was rotated so that a bluetooth sender could fit in it under the cover or something like that?

1995 obd2 compliant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom