Mac's VerseTie track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I used the 1-4' VT kit and 1-2' VT kit and secured the tracks to my recently constructed cargo deck finished with herculiner. I wanted the conviences of loading gear in any arrangement necessary and the peace of mind of a secure, uncompromised, cargo load. I tried to keep all my gear in 2- pelican 1610 cases, which have wheels and easily slide in and out of the rig. Removing the second rows offers over 72" of comfort once a second deck is added. Overall, I am really happy with the end results. As it has been said- "it's a way, not the only way".....
Cargodeck 013.jpg
Cargodeck 012.jpg
Cargodeck 016.jpg

Classic sig line B!! Thanks for the kudos!

Van

Nice setup.
:beer:

Last edited:
Nice Job, I like!

Josh.....Wow!

I love the finished product...now you've got me thinking of a new project.

Looks great, I really like the simplicity of this set up. How did you secure the deck to the cargo floor board?

Off topic, tell me about your bolt-on reciever hitch. Is that the one Slee sells, or is it from somewhere else? Do you tow with it and if so, how much weight/what kind of trailer? Does it go through your rear x-member (did you cut a hole)?

I searched though all your past threads, but did'nt see anything on this particular mod.

Cargo floor system looks great! I think about doing that everytime I go to Tractor Supply Co.

Thanks for your time,
Justin

Looks great, I really like the simplicity of this set up. How did you secure the deck to the cargo floor board?

I used the third row seat anchor bolt locations, removing the existing hardware and upgraded to M10x1.25x40mm.

Off topic, tell me about your bolt-on reciever hitch. Is that the one Slee sells, or is it from somewhere else? Do you tow with it and if so, how much weight/what kind of trailer? Does it go through your rear x-member (did you cut a hole)?

I searched though all your past threads, but did'nt see anything on this particular mod.

Cargo floor system looks great! I think about doing that everytime I go to Tractor Supply Co.

Thanks for your time,
Justin

Thanks. Yes, this is a Slee product and yes the x-member is cut, there are several here on MUD who have gone the route- Nay comes to mind. In january I pulled a M416 trailer 13 hours, at highway speeds (70-75mph) with approx. 500lbs of gear, while moving from the east coast. More recently, I pulled a 1/2 cord of firewood, and then later 1+ yard(s) of mulch with no issues. HTH

Regards,

Van

Additional information: This cargo deck can be removed easily and is <10lbs. That is a lot of security for little weight....

23/32 ,7 ply exterior grade plywood, primed and top coat covered in herculiner.... also adds to the sound proofing

Do you have your powertank bracket secured down? Can you share the details?

I am in the process of securing my 20 lb. tank and would like to see how others have done this.

Thanks

Nice tail gate panel...........:grinpimp:

I didn't even notice the tailgate armor until Dan mentioned it. Which supplier did you use?

I believe he made it, based on my original. He did not use all the available holes though.

I used 1", 6mm pan head bolts for a low profile, so as not to rub the bottom of the tank. Using a 3/4" forstner bit I counter sunk the aircraft nut and washer from the bottom side and secured the PT bracket to the deck.

Do you have your powertank bracket secured down? Can you share the details?

I am in the process of securing my 20 lb. tank and would like to see how others have done this.

Thanks

Thanks,

Dan and Micah thanks for noticing the tailgate armor! This is a combo of both of your efforts! It's Dan's enginuity and Micah's plans/supplier! I have yet to counter-sink the bolts and currently using pan head bolts, I may look to recess later and use all available holes, kinda low on the "list" right now....

I didn't even notice the tailgate armor until Dan mentioned it. Which supplier did you use?

Mic

I believe he made it, based on my original. He did not use all the available holes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom