SOLD M416 with aluminum lid and liner Northern Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi bought this from an estate earlier this year. The German gentleman who owned had the following done.

Converted from Lunette to a 2" ball. this was not a hack job. The Lunette was cut off and a 2" receiver was welded to the shaft.
looks like this was done a LONG time ago and is holding up just fine.
you could convert this back by just replacing the shaft. Everything else is original.

The rear was cut and a slid in corrugated stainless steel panel is used and slides into a channel on the back. Very slick and keeps it structural sound.

Now the interesting part.

There is a custom made aluminum liner in this. The floor is solid and without any holes. the body has surface rust but is solid.
The lid is aluminum and designed to fit over the liner or on its own.

The parking brake works (at least 1 wheel, i have it off for storage)

The tires need to be replaced. they are cracking but would make it home shorter distances i would imaging. I drove from northern Pennsylvania home with this just fine. I just kept an eye on it.
Everything is greased and working as it should.

The license plate it mounted on the back (with a light), this is not a hack job either, the PO took the time to drill and tap the holes so the screws go in + he used anti seize on the threads.

All lights work as they should and hook up fine using a 4 pin plug.
The original chains have been replaced.

I have a clean title in my name registered in Virginia.

I am asking $650 or make me an offer.

P1180336.JPG

P1180340.JPG

P1180342.JPG

P1180344.JPG

P1180350.JPG

Last edited:
yes sorry months ago. It is currently sitting behind a 1965 Land Rover Series IIA in Winchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom