M416 Trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I second the idea of a brass pole in front. Nothing better for an evenings entertainment than watching Womac do his thing on the pole. Never seen him do it but it just created a great visual!

Nice modifications. I really like the tailgate on the M416.

Thanks, I have to give PhotoGod the credit for this idea. We bought these great weld on hinges for a really great price, $9 I think. Buzzed em on and we had a gate.

Jeremy

Nice modifications. I really like the tailgate on the M416.

Dear Sandy Claws,

Thank you for the $$$. I promise I will put it to good use!

Jeremy

Ok, back to building this thing!

To do:
-Wheel adapters till I save up for the axle with the parking brake, Edit: Scratch that, just saw how much the adapters cost... guess time to order the axle.
-Max Coupler
-Fixed height rack, made so that it can be height adjustable in the future
-Tub Top
-Paint
-Tires
-Shocks

Last edited:
Sounds like we might be busy in the near future. I'm over the flu now, stomach still gurgles. back to work tomorrow, s***! I like this time off.

Dear Sandy Claws,

Thank you for the $$$. I promise I will put it to good use!

Jeremy

Ok, back to building this thing!

To do:
-Wheel adapters till I save up for the axle with the parking brake, Edit: Scratch that, just saw how much the adapters cost... guess time to order the axle.
-Max Coupler
-Fixed height rack, made so that it can be height adjustable in the future
-Tub Top
-Paint
-Tires
-Shocks

Glad the Fat Bastid threw ya' a couple a bucks to show you he was on your side...lol.

Spring will be here soon, and you'll be itching to get there on the trail...:beer:

Who's waiting for spring? I may have to drive my butt to somewhere warmer and use this thing as soon as I get it rolling!

PhotoGod,
Grab your work gloves, bring the German and lets get to work.

Axle ordered and Dimensions

I did it!!! I pulled the trigger on the Dexter with 10" electric brakes and a parking brake... $404.xx

So some dimensions, to be verified later upon install:
Hub face distance- 56.75"
Spring Perch centers- 39.125"

Note: there are 2 M416 axle sizes. different by 3"+/-

This was purchased from Pioneer Rim and Wheel They are local to MPLS so I'll miss the shipping. The "option" for the parking brake is rare and it took someone who cared, aka the owner, to find the right price for me. Redneck could do it as well, but they were a little spendier and I would have to drive 2hrs to get it. I even had the part number for the parking brake backing plate and it took 1hr or so.

With that coming in two weeks, I'm pretty hyped. stay tuned for progress.

niceeeeee....:cheers:

That will be a huge improvment...both in safety and handling!

It'll be cool to see it come together!

The axle is finally here!!! This was a huge day. Check out the facebook page for a couple more shots.

Max coupler is en-route from Adventure Trailers as we speak! Next week is lighting.
163776_177278025642565_110490778987957_338750_5992847_n.jpg

What did you end up using for springs? All new?

I took the existing springs to a spring maker here in MPLS and he looked them over and told me I needed new main leafs but the rest of the spring pack was in great shape. So for the cost of aftermarket springs, I had these "restored."

I am thinking you and Photogod must be a hoot to camp out with.
I suggested an few ideas on Photogods Trailer Mod Thread this morning that would work well for yours too!
I can see it now. Both of your trailers backed up to each other with lift up tables mounted on the swing out tail gates for an extended cooking platforms. Then, if you built a spare tire carreir/ table like I suggested to him, you guys could set up a regular party room for the familys. Since your tail gate swings from the opposite side as his, this image I have in my head would work out well.

Looks like I'm going to have to get busy with my trailer build.

Nice job Jeremy!
I'm glad I don't live near you two. I'd never get anything else done but play in the shop.:D

I am thinking you and Photogod must be a hoot to camp out with.
I suggested an few ideas on Photogods Trailer Mod Thread this morning that would work well for yours too!
I can see it now. Both of your trailers backed up to each other with lift up tables mounted on the swing out tail gates for an extended cooking platforms. Then, if you built a spare tire carreir/ table like I suggested to him, you guys could set up a regular party room for the familys. Since your tail gate swings from the opposite side as his, this image I have in my head would work out well.

Looks like I'm going to have to get busy with my trailer build.

Nice job Jeremy!
I'm glad I don't live near you two. I'd never get anything else done but play in the shop.:D

SS Rodeo,
You are correct, we are a blast to camp with. Tables are on the list, it just depends on where the kitchen is coming out of my trailer. I'm torn between a shallow kitchen long just above the fender or a trailer height kitchen that pulls out from in front of the fender... Opinions???

What do you guys think I should go for?
1) Shallow long kitchen the extends 24" from the entire side of the trailer or
(haven't sketched it up yet.
2) tall, deep kitchen
59066_145528162150885_110490778987957_197731_8353536_n.jpg

Last edited:
SS Rodeo,
You are correct, we are a blast to camp with. Tables are on the list, it just depends on where the kitchen is coming out of my trailer. I'm torn between a shallow kitchen long just above the fender or a trailer height kitchen that pulls out from in front of the fender... Opinions???

What do you guys think I should go for?
1) Shallow long kitchen the extends 24" from the entire side of the trailer or
(haven't sketched it up yet.
2) tall, deep kitchen
59066_145528162150885_110490778987957_197731_8353536_n.jpg

Here's my take...

what ever will afford you the most flat surface...because flat surface is at a premium when camping. The nice flat fender you have are looking good, as is everything else Bro!!!:beer:

Here's my take...

what ever will afford you the most flat surface...because flat surface is at a premium when camping. The nice flat fender you have are looking good, as is everything else Bro!!!:beer:
Pat,

Thanks for the input! I totally agree. One way or the other, I'm building tables to go where the kitchen isn't.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom