M101 tailgate & homemade fold out tent... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zekester,

I wish I could ship you my trailer to have you do my tailgate. I am impressed with the design and workmanship. I do have some questions. How do you prevent the tailgate hinges from sliding out of their mating part on the trailer (if you understand what I mean)? In the tenth posting you indicated you "sealed up the trailer" what do you mean by that and is that the "white stuff" in the picture?

Zekester,

How do you prevent the tailgate hinges from sliding out of their mating part on the trailer ? In the tenth posting you indicated you "sealed up the trailer" what do you mean by that and is that the "white stuff" in the picture?

The hinges go "one way", when the gate is up, it can't slide and disengage, if you lower it, both hinges face the same way and can disengage, that way, if I want I can easily pull the tailgate off.

The white goo is Sikaflex marine sealant, they make different formulas, the one I used can hold paint, works perfect, fills huge holes if needed...get it in the cartridge tube, not the toothpaste tube....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom