Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Pay $750 for a lower spec version

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Live without them

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d like to get sliders. Some other LX owners might too. Let’s get together and build momentum! I know that our fab/vendor partners will support us with a product if we show the commitment and sales volume to make it worthwhile.

To start, please put yourself in one of the survey slots.

If you’re in right now, send me a PM and I’ll track a list to hand over to the vendor to take deposits.

I’m not talking steps. This is for a sturdy product like a Slee, Budbuilt, or white knuckle etc. Basically, one of those products with the brackets set up for an LX570.

As a default I suggest we seek a final product that is bolted, plated, angled, coated, and kicked. If the volume is high enough we could likely work some minor customization in on finish or angle.

We will also need volunteers identified to model in all the regions. Post below if you’d do that. Then we can match make by area with the fab.

Last edited:
Bolted= bolt on, non weld installation
Plated = step on surface, not just bars
Angled = slight angle from horizontal/flat to better manage forces
Kicked = a bit wider at rear tire than front tire
Coated = powder coated or durable finish

You might want to touch base with @reevesci at trail tailor, he builds some bad ass custom metal work. I’ve been drooling over his 200 series front bumper pics all day while I was stuck sitting in jury duty

@reevesci we would appreciate your support. Let’s see if we can shake a model out of a tree near you. I read on your thread you were committed to other projects thru the new year?

I've been trying to score a 570 customer for almost 2 years...

I could definitely look into sliders since in about 10 days since I can't make bumpers anymore after that.

J
No more bumpers??? But, but, but.......why? I thought I read that somewhere but couldn’t find it after. Why no more bumpers? That just makes me want it 10 times more now. That front bumper alone is by far the best looking 200 bumper out there!

@reevesci we would appreciate your support. Let’s see if we can shake a model out of a tree near you. I read on your thread you were committed to other projects thru the new year?

I block out 8 day sections of time throughout the year for my personal time, R&D and to bring in other projects to get OUT of normal routines. I've done this for 25 years and it works for me and keeps me sane. So, with that said I've got time it just depends on if it meshes with my scheduled breaks.

J

No more bumpers??? But, but, but.......why? I thought I read that somewhere but couldn’t find it after. Why no more bumpers? That just makes me want it 10 times more now. That front bumper alone is by far the best looking 200 bumper out there!

I sold all my cruiser bumper designs and plans to a non-disclosable source and starting 6-1-18 I have a 12 month non-compete.

J

Let’s see if there’s demand and a potential local model. I also put up a mudship to see how much it would be to get my rig down, barring a more local option.

If you were closer to Louisiana there is a 2008 LX570 that would look great.
Interesting to see how you'll tackle all the AHC equipment.

I sold all my cruiser bumper designs and plans to a non-disclosable source and starting 6-1-18 I have a 12 month non-compete.

J
Well that’s a bummer for me. Congratulations I imagine this was a good move to for you I’m not surprised someone else had to have it. So, non disclosable, I don’t suppose you would be able to say if these are going to be available in the USA? Other question after the 12 months is up so you have plans to make bumpers again? 6-1-19 I’d be ready to order

If you were closer to Louisiana there is a 2008 LX570 that would look great.
Interesting to see how you'll tackle all the AHC equipment.

I've looked before and I'd look to make it similar to my HSE Rover sliders and turn it into a complete skidplate. Just have to figure the main attachment points and throughways.

J

Let’s see if there’s demand and a potential local model. I also put up a mudship to see how much it would be to get my rig down, barring a more local option.

I'll be taking a Nissan Patrol back to its owner in Portland approx. middle of July. I'll be there for a couple of days to rest and then come back. We were going to fly back, but if timing works I could meet you and drive it back.

J

Wow. Maybe there really isn't much interest in armoring LXs. Who knew? . . .
<edit - but looking at survey there are 7 votes, so it's not doing too bad for just 18 hours posted. Keep on voting folks! I will patiently wait for another six days.>

Last edited:
The factory steps are a mandatory delete to fit the sliders under consideration here. Agree that some shielding for the AHC components between the rocker and frame would be fantastic. Looking forward to what a talented fab could come up with to address that need.

Just an FYI @sleeoffroad has sliders for the LX already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom