LX470 passenger door issue (1 Viewer)

Good day to all

You may not want to take a drink because when you read this it may cause you to laugh so hard you spray the screen.....
I was having the dreaded door lock issue ... so with the fine help of this forum I ordered the small replacement motors and started to replace them one by one.... Thanks to all it worked out very well..

However... ( you knew it had to be something)

I ran out of time on the rear passenger door so I removed the assembly pulled the section with the motor ( just like the other doors) I closed the door and went on my way.... This morning I tried to open that same door

Yup, it will not unlatch the door....

Before I shut the door I made sure the child lock was not locked.
I can’t open it from the inside handle or the outside handle.... or trying to manually open it from inside the door ( thank goodness the door panel was removed still....

I could sure use some help on this one ..... I am sure it’s a idiot move on my part and is just a lever that I am not seeing or moving..

Yes I did search and had seen another member with a similar issue however no resolution that I had seen

Thanks to all in advance for any words of wisdom

Thank you

Good day to all

You may not want to take a drink because when you read this it may cause you to laugh so hard you spray the screen.....
I was having the dreaded door lock issue ... so with the fine help of this forum I ordered the small replacement motors and started to replace them one by one.... Thanks to all it worked out very well..

However... ( you knew it had to be something)

I ran out of time on the rear passenger door so I removed the assembly pulled the section with the motor ( just like the other doors) I closed the door and went on my way.... This morning I tried to open that same door

Yup, it will not unlatch the door....

Before I shut the door I made sure the child lock was not locked.
I can’t open it from the inside handle or the outside handle.... or trying to manually open it from inside the door ( thank goodness the door panel was removed still....

I could sure use some help on this one ..... I am sure it’s a idiot move on my part and is just a lever that I am not seeing or moving..

Yes I did search and had seen another member with a similar issue however no resolution that I had seen

Thanks to all in advance for any words of wisdom

Thank you

@robgv thank you for the video!!! Awesome info and I believe it will solve my problem

Thank you very much
yeah no problem, good thing your door panel/door card was not installed!

for reference to future people that run into a similar issue and find this thread, here is a video I made showing how to open the door if you can't open it from the outside or inside door levers:

yeah no problem, good thing your door panel/door card was not installed!

for reference to future people that run into a similar issue and find this thread, here is a video I made showing how to open the door if you can't open it from the outside or inside door levers:

Sure saved the day for me
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom