LX470 Cabin Air Filter Replacement DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahha...just figured out he only accepts private messages...

So do all 100-series have filters or only the newer years? Recently, when I place the air on re-circ., it smell like ass. I didn't know if there was a filter element that could be replaced. With 115,000 miles, I gotta think it's likely due for a replacement.

My 98 LC can accept filters but has none installed.. Why didn't they put them in ?
It couldn't have cost much when compared with the cost of the vehicle as a whole.

I'm amazed as well that no one has known about this for the Landcruiser up until now. It is DUSTY where I live, and I would love to see the difference a cabin filter would make. Basically, since the LC and LX are the same boy construction, it wouldn't make sense to build 2 different glove box designs, but Lexus needed something to justify the $10K new price difference, so they installed 2- $3.00 filters.

Just put my filters in... The filters supplied to me were made by DENSO.. Part No. 453-1001

Go to http://www.densoproducts.com and put in that part number...

My box had the two filters that you will need.. The site lists it for $19.91 .. The local cruiser shop charged me almost 4 times that amount . :doh: I should have asked the amount before they ordered it from Toyota... and I didn't even get a reach-around..............

During the Death Valley trip few weeks ago, my DV camera was mounted on the dashboard. Even with all window closed and the air intake is closed loop, but I still had to cleaned my DV camera ten times with special cleaner tape over the three day trips (311 miles of offroading). So I am looking forward to have the filters installed.

Cheers,

Rugster - Got any promotional discount codes for Denso?

LT

Rugster said:
Just put my filters in... The filters supplied to me were made by DENSO.. Part No. 453-1001

My box had the two filters that you will need.. The site lists it for $19.91 .. The local cruiser shop charged me almost 4 times that amount . :doh: I should have asked the amount before they ordered it from Toyota... and I didn't even get a reach-around..............

Rugster said:

My box had the two filters that you will need.. The site lists it for $19.91 ..

Do you mean that both filters were packaged in one box ?

Also I wonder if the Denso Oil Filter would be the highly sought after "Original fill" filter that comes on the engine from the factory?

NMuzj100 said:
Do you mean that both filters were packaged in one box ?

Also I wonder if the Denso Oil Filter would be the highly sought after "Original fill" filter that comes on the engine from the factory?

Both filters were in the one box with the part number I mentioned.. The web site doesn't mention if there are two or one..

excellent, this gotta go in the FAQ...!
thanks

I noticed some of the Prado 120's are in the same position. They have the slot but no filter, while here in the US all 4Runners and GX have filters.
I have no idea why they would not put them in all models but it sounds like some odd marketing decision is to blame.

The filters work very well, they trap alot of dirt but you must replace them regularly. I think my manual recommends every (or every other) oil change and depending on your conditions.

The importance of this is a dirty filter can put a strain on your a/c system. But honestly, I've only replaced it twice in 24K miles... patted it out once. After Death Valley it was toast, no saving that one!

Another tip some are using is cutting out home HEPA 3M filters for cheaper replacements. Haven't tried that yet. It's easy with my tray setup, not sure if that is applicable to the 100 filters.

Cabin filters fit the '99 LC100

Just got the pair of cabin filters from CDan today (thanks CDan) and they fit my 1999 LC100 just fine. The hardest part of the install was getting the 6-years worth of pine needles removed out so the bottom filter could be fitted properly.

Thanks Tab for creating the "spark of ignition" on this one!!!

Clean out the fan/blower while you're at it...

Once you have the glove box off to change the filters (or for the pin-7 mod) you should probably drop the blower and clean it out. It's a typical squirrel cage fan and mine was full of junk.

norcal '99 said:
Once you have the glove box off to change the filters (or for the pin-7 mod) you should probably drop the blower and clean it out. It's a typical squirrel cage fan and mine was full of junk.

Oh sure...now ya tell me :rolleyes: What is the "pin" mod you are referring to?

The "pin" mod lets you engage the locker in H or L.

Tad

Will this mod allow both center diff and rear diff to be locked in high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom