LX450 Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went for the OME stock lift kit, figured it would probably be a good idea if Since I'm planning to add ARB front and back bumpers. Wish me luck!

MidnightRunner, Anything to report? How much lift did you go for? Pics? Was the rear sagging before the swap?

@Nigel-Stewart, I went with the OME stock height kit. Unfortunately, my 80's been in the shop (electrical problems) since I last posted so I haven't really had much time to evaluate the new setup. I will say it's about an inch taller than stock (barely noticeable) and seemed to ride fairly stiff but much more stable feeling. I don't have any other reference for comparison other than the original equipment that was completely shot (and bouncy) when I bought the truck.

Sorry, I don't have a good before and after comparison. The back was sagging just slightly prior to the upgrade. Attached are some random photos I took over the past couple of months in the short time while it's been out of the shop with the OME shocks and springs.

The last two pictures I was parked next to what I presumed to be a completely stock LX450. In the last picture, you can kind of see the height difference by comparing the height of the side view mirrors.

IMG_2938.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

Last edited:
Great thread, but since it’s been a few years I’m curious to see if there are updates opinions

I just got a 1997 LX450 with 210k miles. I believe I may have the factory shocks.

Curious about:
1) How you know when to upgrade
2) What is the suggested shocks for daily driving and light off road use
3) Would you replace springs too

thank you!

Great thread, but since it’s been a few years I’m curious to see if there are updates opinions

I just got a 1997 LX450 with 210k miles. I believe I may have the factory shocks.

Curious about:
1) How you know when to upgrade
2) What is the suggested shocks for daily driving and light off road use
3) Would you replace springs too

thank you!
Stock LX450 shocks suck even brand new
I have had 2 LX450s one as original owner
I like my OME med springs with Icon 2.0 shocks
Slee shortbus front bumper
No middle or rear seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back