LX License Plate Shroud Rattles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure what this part is called but the license plate bolts to it then it is attached to the drop gate. The reverse lights are also attached to it. Mine has broken connectors and is a rattle trap. I put some small felt pads in the gaps to keep the racket down but I'd like to know what others have done to resolve this. I can't be the only one that has had issues with this part.

This is one of the LX "feature" parts I'd prefer not to have.

vPi8JMkl.jpg

I would guess 3M double sided tape would fix that in a jiffy and cheap. I used that on my LX trim panels that were rattling like crazy. Now they are nice and quiet.

I have this same issue. Unfortunately, I have not tried to fix it yet. The double sided tape might be the easiest solution.

You could try putting some butyl rope behind it. It's used for sound deadening and I've put it in a few hard-to-get places around my cruiser to reduce rattling. I highly recommend it, but I'm unaware of how it will withstand the elements since the applications I used it for were inside the truck

Same issue, high quality dbl-sided tape solves.

It's the plastic frame attachment fasteners that break off. Buy the best tape you can get, I think mine was from an auto parts store, tuck it in there. You may need to stack a few sections of tape to fill the space.

Use the foam double sided tape made for automotive emblems, it will hold up much better outdoors than the regular white foam double tape at a hardware store.

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone had replaced the bezel with some sheet metal or something but double sided tape works too. I have water in the right clear light and feel like I could ditch them all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom