LX 470 Shocks compatible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I a looking for one LX470 Rear AHC shock for 1998 LX470. Everything else in my system is integral. Only have one stinking leaky shock. Im in Michigan.

The part number I need I believe is:

48530-69106

Does anyone know if part # 48530-60042 from a LX 470 1995 is interchangeable with PN 48530-69106 from a 1998?

I dont thing they made an LX in 1995
100 series were from '98 - 07

I a looking for one LX470 Rear AHC shock for 1998 LX470. Everything else in my system is integral. Only have one stinking leaky shock. Im in Michigan.

The part number I need I believe is:

48530-69106

Does anyone know if part # 48530-60042 from a LX 470 1995 is interchangeable with PN 48530-69106 from a 1998?
I’ve a serviceable rear shock off a 99 iirc you can have (for cost of shipping) if you can’t locate one locally. Thing is with these “shocks” is that they can weep fluid if the rear neutral pressure is too high and the fluid is old, reduced viscosity with depleted additive package. Lowering pressures and bleeding/replacing the fluid with fresh often rectifies the problem and will improve dampening too. Generally, this should be the first course of action. Off course if the shock is completely corroded out and fluid is dripping from it then it’s done. How is the underbody corrosion wise? Can you crack the system’s bleeder valves? Let me know what you want to do.

I’ve a serviceable rear shock off a 99 iirc you can have (for cost of shipping) if you can’t locate one locally. Thing is with these “shocks” is that they can weep fluid if the rear neutral pressure is too high and the fluid is old, reduced viscosity with depleted additive package. Lowering pressures and bleeding/replacing the fluid with fresh often rectifies the problem and will improve dampening too. Generally, this should be the first course of action. Off course if the shock is completely corroded out and fluid is dripping from it then it’s done. How is the underbody corrosion wise? Can you crack the system’s bleeder valves? Let me know what you want to do.
The shock was definitely corroded and weeping. I changed the ahc fluid and o rings and bled the system. It still has good dampening but i havent bought a techstream yet to monitor pressure. That being said. I would to take you up on your offer and pay to have one shipped. My email is ashinabery@gmail.com. Please send me a pm and i will give you all the details

The shock was definitely corroded and weeping. I changed the ahc fluid and o rings and bled the system. It still has good dampening but i havent bought a techstream yet to monitor pressure. That being said. I would to take you up on your offer and pay to have one shipped. My email is ashinabery@gmail.com. Please send me a pm and i will give you all the details
Did it work for you? I have found a pair of 48530-69116 from a 2000 LC100 uzj at the breaker for a 10th of the price of one new 48530-69155 from the local dealer.
Other sources are cheaper but I need to fix it asap.
Will the shock fit my 2005 hdj? What changed in the AHC over the years?

Did it work for you? I have found a pair of 48530-69116 from a 2000 LC100 uzj at the breaker for a 10th of the price of one new 48530-69155 from the local dealer.
Other sources are cheaper but I need to fix it asap.
Will the shock fit my 2005 hdj? What changed in the AHC over the years?
It did work for me. I can't tell you if the part number will fit your 2005 HDJ, or what changed over the years. But it did work for me. PADDO helped me out tremendously. !!!

I received and changed the rear shock. Visually they were the same as the old, hydraulic connection was the same.
Replacement shock was from a year 2000 LC100 with V8 and fitted to my 2005 diesel.
Over all great success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom