Lutz Auto Plug and Play Speedo/Odo correction solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this corrects odometer rate, would that mean if you uninstall it in the future (or it for some reason dies/breaks) your mileage would suddenly reduce back to what it thinks it should have been without the correction? (And I also assume it's not like it suddenly displays higher mileage from the adjustment)
I seriously doubt that. Pretty sure the mileage just ticks up at a slightly different rate.
 
Might be apples to grapefruits, but…

My Tundra had the same drivetrain as my 200, so I’d like to think it would work the same

View attachment 4154996
I haven’t noticed any difference so far, but then my tire size and gear changes have happened over a long enough period I have NFC what stock is
 
I did the install yesterday. Wasn't too bad. I used Techstream to change the steering wheel setting so it didn't return for stow away. I didn't try my other OBD programmer - Launch Creader Elite but expect it could probably do the same. I need to take the truck out on the highway and adjust. Stole Geoff's tip on the notes and placement of the adjustment buttons.
 
I did the install yesterday. Wasn't too bad. I used Techstream to change the steering wheel setting so it didn't return for stow away. I didn't try my other OBD programmer - Launch Creader Elite but expect it could probably do the same. I need to take the truck out on the highway and adjust. Stole Geoff's tip on the notes and placement of the adjustment buttons.
Yeah I don’t intend to adjust it often, probably ever, but NFC to I want to pull the dash apart again just to make adjustments! 🤣
 
After putting this off for 3 weeks because of the heat I finally did this install this afternoon--as someone without a techstream I was overly paranoid of the steering wheel auto-retracting during the process so right before I pulled the cluster out I tapped the start button to turn it off and then back to accessory without the wheel retracting all the way to reset the timeout. I will say if I have to listen to the door chime ever again it would be too soon. A couple notes:

1. Took a page out of @linuxgod book and left the controller mounted behind that one panel. It made it really handy for some final tuning after I did a drive. I have it dialed perfectly now. Highly, highly recommend leaving it accessible when you install. VHB tape is cheap and worth your sanity if you ever change tire sizes in the future

2. If you have the Slee Switch-Pros dash mount you have to do the panel removal as if you were installing that first. It's unavoidable to be able to remove the small wooden trim on the left side of the wheel as there is no clearance and you must remove the bracket and controller. It added maybe 30 minutes total to install. Even still taking my time it probably only took about 1.5 hours

Very happy, it was on my must do list before driving to Colorado on Sunday. For those that have had it installed for awhile, have you noticed if your MPG's have been fixed?
 
After putting this off for 3 weeks because of the heat I finally did this install this afternoon--as someone without a techstream I was overly paranoid of the steering wheel auto-retracting during the process so right before I pulled the cluster out I tapped the start button to turn it off and then back to accessory without the wheel retracting all the way to reset the timeout. I will say if I have to listen to the door chime ever again it would be too soon. A couple notes:

1. Took a page out of @linuxgod book and left the controller mounted behind that one panel. It made it really handy for some final tuning after I did a drive. I have it dialed perfectly now. Highly, highly recommend leaving it accessible when you install. VHB tape is cheap and worth your sanity if you ever change tire sizes in the future

2. If you have the Slee Switch-Pros dash mount you have to do the panel removal as if you were installing that first. It's unavoidable to be able to remove the small wooden trim on the left side of the wheel as there is no clearance and you must remove the bracket and controller. It added maybe 30 minutes total to install. Even still taking my time it probably only took about 1.5 hours

Very happy, it was on my must do list before driving to Colorado on Sunday. For those that have had it installed for awhile, have you noticed if your MPG's have been fixed?
I've had mine installed for about a month. That's a good question on the MPG. I need to check that out.
 
I’ve been running this on my ‘21 LX with 37s for about two months now and it’s been flawless. There’s a tiny cutout in the driver’s side left cubby that I was able to snake the controller through, and it fits perfectly. I installed it at the same time as the Hamilton screen retrofit since a lot of the same pieces have to come apart for both jobs. No change in MPGs for me.

10/10 great product!

IMG_0735.webp
 
This is a bit of a strange one--anyone having issues with it losing calibration? I shot off an email to Brian to see if he had any ideas, but figured worth asking here as well. I installed it shortly before Cruisers on the Rockies and had it dialed perfectly at highway speeds confirmed by both a phone GPS app and the Google Maps GPS readings. While out in Colorado for CROCKIES I noticed it was reading 5-7mph low at highway speeds. I corrected it again on the drive back to TX and this past weekend I noticed it's crept down to 1.5-2mph low at highway speeds again. I've made sure that the trim panel where I have the controller attached is not making contact with the buttons so I'm very confused what's happening
 
This is a bit of a strange one--anyone having issues with it losing calibration? I shot off an email to Brian to see if he had any ideas, but figured worth asking here as well. I installed it shortly before Cruisers on the Rockies and had it dialed perfectly at highway speeds confirmed by both a phone GPS app and the Google Maps GPS readings. While out in Colorado for CROCKIES I noticed it was reading 5-7mph low at highway speeds. I corrected it again on the drive back to TX and this past weekend I noticed it's crept down to 1.5-2mph low at highway speeds again. I've made sure that the trim panel where I have the controller attached is not making contact with the buttons so I'm very confused what's happening
Maybe. I noticed mine was off a bit. I was assuming it’s because I did a tire rotation after ~8k miles and rotated in the spare which was still new. It’s still working but off a bit
 
Maybe. I noticed mine was off a bit. I was assuming it’s because I did a tire rotation after ~8k miles and rotated in the spare which was still new. It’s still working but off a bit

Heard back from Brian and he was also as confused as I was. He had a thought that perhaps leaving the button board installed it has somehow been making contact with grounded metal simulating button presses. There is a connector on the button board itself so he recommended the first step being re-set the calibration to the proper value and then disconnect the buttons. I can tape the cable end to that same area so it is accessible in case I ever need to reattach the buttons and adjust in the future. If this does not resolve the issue it will require a much deeper dive
 
Heard back from Brian and he was also as confused as I was. He had a thought that perhaps leaving the button board installed it has somehow been making contact with grounded metal simulating button presses. There is a connector on the button board itself so he recommended the first step being re-set the calibration to the proper value and then disconnect the buttons. I can tape the cable end to that same area so it is accessible in case I ever need to reattach the buttons and adjust in the future. If this does not resolve the issue it will require a much deeper dive
Worth a shot. I’d agree it shouldn’t change and shorting to ground might do it, but also the back of the board IIRC doesn’t have contacts, and if it’s shorting I’d expect it to go as far negative or positive as possible rather than simply resetting. Hmmm.

I just readjusted mine but I am convinced it’s tire size related.
 
I had emailed with Bryan earlier this week as I noticed my correction was starting to drift again and my speedometer was reading 2-3mph low after it had been holding steady for nearly a month. I was going to do a few more tests this weekend to get him some data, but got an email to call him earlier today.

Spoke with Bryan and he did confirm that he found a vulnerability in the control module. It seems it was susceptible to electrical noise which had the ability to emulate button presses. He sent me a firmware update and instructions to flash it by connecting to the module via WiFi. The firmware update adds a double check now to ensure enough button press duration that it can take out the electrical interference causing issues (crossing fingers on this as I still have not had and opportunity to truly test this or look into long term results).

Took less than 5 minutes to get it done--he said at this time I'm the only person who had reported issues, so not sure if it's something specific in my vehicle that I've done wrecking havoc with it. Whether you have an issue or not he did say the firmware would be available, I'm just not sure of how he wants to do distribution yet as he wanted me to do the update and provide feedback about the instructions and experience as the guinea pig first.
 
Happy to hear that you've hopefully gotten to the bottom of this. Keep us posted on whether the cure holds and if you hear anything on distribution.
 
Back
Top Bottom