Lush LC 200 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. I had a 3rd Gen 4runner that I planned on keeping forever, and was going to buy an M3 sedan for the family vehicle :). However, the Mrs. wasn't interested in that plan. So I did the next best thing and sold the 4runner and bought a 2010 Black 200 with 55k miles.

Mods so far in order of purchase;

285/65 Toyo AT II's
Flowmaster 50 series muffler
Front window tint
White Knuckle Sliders
OEM front spring spacer
Spidertraxx wheel spacers
ICON stage 1 kit (removed OEM spacer)
ARB 2722 rear springs
Method NV machined 18x9 25mm offset (removed spidertraxx)

Mods coming soon;

Roof Rack - Gobi I think
295/70 Toyo AT II's

Not sure if I'm doing pics right but I've tried to attach stock and finished product.

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5217 (2).JPG
Action shots coming soon.

Gangster, I've had a few M3's and you know I just love my 200. I would like to hear a sound clip of your exhaust! Looks great!

Hey Lush,
I'm just down here (a bit north of) Charlotte. If you come down this way we can grab a beer! Nice looking 200! How are you liking the 2722's? I ask because I have a set installed and didn't realize they weren't "progressive" springs. Something didn't feel like a good match to the fronts. So I have recently received my 2721 springs and plan to install them this (or next) weekend. Do you carry a lot of weight?

Lush, hold on to those factory spring spacers. if you get the itch to go taller, you can add them back in to get more height without increasing spring load.
what are you doing with the spidertrax.....

@NLScooby, I was running the 2722s with no weight in the back. they were nice but a little rough around town. particularly noticeable watching the kids in their carseats bouncing around.
I went with the 2721s right before moab. They ride great! very plush feeling.
they will squat more under load than the 22s. full size spare, fridge, 1/2 set of drawers dropped the rear end almost an inch.
I've got a 10 mm spacer in now, and it matches well with a 2.5" lift.

Lush, the OEM spacer can be left in place with the Icons. Remember that incase you want more height gains later on without sacrificing CV woes. congrats on the ride

@TexAZ - we're on the same thought process

@Willy beamin, wait till next week....
27mm spacer up front, 30 mm on top of 2721s in back.

Watch out for power lines

how do you like the 50 series? I was planning on doing the same, don't want obnoxious, just to give it a little bit of bark.

Hey Lush,
I'm just down here (a bit north of) Charlotte. If you come down this way we can grab a beer! Nice looking 200! How are you liking the 2722's? I ask because I have a set installed and didn't realize they weren't "progressive" springs. Something didn't feel like a good match to the fronts. So I have recently received my 2721 springs and plan to install them this (or next) weekend. Do you carry a lot of weight?

The ride is slightly stiffer but doesn't bother me. I am annoyed at the height. My goal was perfectly level. I didn't measure before and after from stock, but after installing ICON at its lowest setting the front end was about .75 in higher than the rear. I chose 2722 for "approximately .75 in of lift". After installing the 2722, now the rear is about an inch higher than the front!

Ironically, everything mod I did was researched here first, except the rear springs.:frown: Now searching it looks like even though ARB says 2721 no lift, I should get exactly what I was looking for.

So I can either crank up coilovers in front, or go with 2721 since I rarely have enough weight to warrant the 2722 springs.

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody!

how do you like the 50 series? I was planning on doing the same, don't want obnoxious, just to give it a little bit of bark.

I had the 40 series on my 4runner, and that would set off car alarms in a parking deck with the 3.4L V6. I can only imaging how loud it would be with the 5.7L V8. The 50 series sounds great IMO. I took a 17 sec video clip of exhaust but it says file to large to post. Any ideas on how to get it up?

The ride is slightly stiffer but doesn't bother me. I am annoyed at the height. My goal was perfectly level. I didn't measure before and after from stock, but after installing ICON at its lowest setting the front end was about .75 in higher than the rear. I chose 2722 for "approximately .75 in of lift". After installing the 2722, now the rear is about an inch higher than the front!

Ironically, everything mod I did was researched here first, except the rear springs.:frown: Now searching it looks like even though ARB says 2721 no lift, I should get exactly what I was looking for.

So I can either crank up coilovers in front, or go with 2721 since I rarely have enough weight to warrant the 2722 springs.

How are you measuring for level? Best way I know is to measure the distance from the ground at the front and rear of step.

I'm in the same boat. Adjusted my front coilovers as told in the manual with no armor. Then chose the 2722's for the rear. Have an aggressive rake now. So I can either add the spacer to the front and/or adjust the coilover, at the risk of firming up the front, or swap out the rears to the 2721. I don't plan on adding anything in the rear anytime soon. So I'm thinking just get the new coils. First world problems.

with no weight in the rear, the 2721s will be the same height as the 2722s. 21s are progressive 270-3something pounds per inch, the 22s are a straight 275.

Maybe, someone just looking for an inch or less increase in the rear can try spacers with stock springs
spacers come in 5mm, 10, 15,20,30. should be pretty easy to dial in the lift you want.
and they're pretty cheap. $30 - $60.

The springs (f/r) will settle in time. Don't be in to much of a rush

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom