Lucas FI cleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gang, thanks for the comments and information....AFAIK, there is no method of selectively choosing to see avatars or not....I believe the only control I can implement (and have) is selected language controls.

I see the questionable avatars have been adjusted....thanks to those for taking that initiative yourselves. It again shows the friendly atmosphere that permeates the users of this forum...and again shows how ridiculously easy moderation duties are!

I experimented with a couple things in IE, and ended up with NO images...which sucked. I'll explore other options as well and hopefully find something that is selective to individual users.

What I'd "like" to find is a "switch" that turns on/off avatar viewing, turns on/off attached/linked images in posts, and covers emoticons too...without effective the other images on the site.

Wish me luck...lol

holy shiznit...a quick look at the forum software support site and I find a "patch" for just such a feature....allow blocking of avatars, selective with each individuals profile.

Unfortunately, it's not a true "mod" but a "patch", which is dumbspeak for "I need to re-re-re-re-read it to understand and implement."

which is also short for "this may take a few days"

Hopefully, can experiment over the weekend...watch the Admin corner for an official release/failure date

(hopefully, this doesn't effect the CDAN post catchup gambling odds...hehehe)

<oohhhmmm....ooohhhhmmm>

I predict a forum crash on Saturday due to the Admin's inept ability to add forum features....

<wink>

Gummer,

"The Gerand is a weak-ass POS"

It's G-a-r-a-n-d.......... :flipoff2:

And if it's weak, lets have you hold my target at the 600 yard line :D

Gumball,

"Keystone is for pansy boys!"

AGREED............. ;) :beer:

Gumshoe,

"93's suck!"

NOT :flipoff2: They do leak oil like a sieve though :rolleyes:

Well,

There's 4 quick ones....... ::)

80's content:

The Emerald beauty goes under the wrench Saturday...... :cheers:

thanks guys, it's not that big a deal right now, but the blocking feature would be useful so people can express themselves freely without me having to tune out.

glad I could help everyone with the padding too.

now what about those decarbonizers?

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=8066;start=msg74657#msg74657 date=1071180664]
Gummer,

"The Gerand is a weak-ass POS"

It's G-a-r-a-n-d.......... :flipoff2:

And if it's weak, lets have you hold my target at the 600 yard line :D
[/quote]

Hell when I was in the USMC we had to hit the target at 400-600 yards (I'm old so I don't remember if it was 400 or 600) with a M-14 as the DI kicked you in the side inbetween shots and in the teeth if you missed. :slap: The funny part was after you qualified with the M-14 they gave you an M-16 when you went to Nam. ::)

Had to be the 600 yard line.

I use a program called "AdSubtract" that you can configure to block animations from a specific IP address or url. I generally have it configured to block all animations and then enable them for certain sites. It will only show the first frame of any animated gif file. This applies to the avatars as well as most of the "stuff" Junk posts. The unanimated gifs are are hardly noticeable versus the bouncing versions. There is a free trial of the program at www.intermute.com

Woody,

Thanks for looking into this. Like Simon, I have to be very careful about the web sites accessed, the images displayed, and the language used in these forums. I will discuss the details via PM if someone wonders why.

I am not a prude.

-B-

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=8066;start=msg74605#msg74605 date=1071173533]
Man I wish I could remember Yooper's avator. Shortbus and Rogue's, yes they stick in my mind. :p

I hope the fish huggers don't mind my fish avator. :)

Yooper is this avator still around somewhere? I need to see what the fuss is. If guys a begging to have it back, it must have been good.

R
[/quote]

I'll bring it back as an avatar after Woody installs the new feature. Again, I apologize if anybody got in trouble. Enjoy:

Now I remember. Thanks Sean, good lighting.

two files aren't loading properly at this point...likely my fault tho....but 4 have succeed, so that's a start.

Will keep ya posted....this is an "unofficial hack" so I actually have to pretend I understand php programming to get it to work....

uugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom