LSPV LEAKEAGE- should I replace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was under my 80 yesterday and noticed the LSPV leaking from the boot, did a search on this and saw someones 91 having the same problems, but I figured I'd still post up for some opinions. Should I replace just the boot or all the internals.

35daxk5.jpg

Is the rubber boot just basically a dust cover? (can't remember) If so the LSPV itself is leaking, and needs fixing /replacement. No experience with that myself though, sorry.

Is the rubber boot just basically a dust cover? (can't remember) If so the LSPV itself is leaking, and needs fixing /replacement. No experience with that myself though, sorry.

Thanks Ben, thats what I thought braking with this tank is way to important to cheap out right now. Seems every time I go under the 80 I find something else to replace:crybaby: I think I'll just stop going under and just hope of the best. :D

yes the boot is just a dust cover, are you loosing brake fluid? could it be just be water cought in the boot? or does it smel/feel like brake fluid?

yes the boot is just a dust cover, are you loosing brake fluid? could it be just be water cought in the boot? or does it smel/feel like brake fluid?

Not loosing brake fluid, but I am get a weird noise and braking pulsation when the truck is under load or when I'm going down hill.

You west coast bastards don't know how good you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom