LS Performance Crate motor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to move forward with an LS3 swap and have a buddy of mine complete the work. I was going to pick up a low mileage LS3 and add a new Cam. I have been seeing 100+ HP gains from those. Then I came across this completed LS3 performance crate motor with 530HP and a 3 year warranty. I am curious if anyone see's any major complications. I am looking to pair with a freshened up 6L80.

A lot of the power in that motor is higher up in the rpm range. The cam is more tilted for a car. I don't like that high of compression because I tow a lot but you may not. For that kind of money I would think you could build a 408 with a dart lsx iron block with longer sleeves. Would have more torque lower in the rpm range. I do know that their are a lot of people that do LS3 swaps in cruisers, it appears they are happy with them.

Last edited:
All the power in that motor is higher up in the rpm range. The cam is more tilted for a car. I don't like that high of compression because I tow a lot but you may not. For that kind of money I would think you could build a 408 with a dart lsx iron block with longer sleeves. Would have more torque lower in the rpm range. I do know that their are a lot of people that do LS3 swaps in cruisers, it appears they are happy with them.
If you spent that money, do you think you would say you WEREN’T happy? :rofl:

A lot of the power in that motor is higher up in the rpm range. The cam is more tilted for a car. I don't like that high of compression because I tow a lot but you may not. For that kind of money I would think you could build a 408 with a dart lsx iron block with longer sleeves. Would have more torque lower in the rpm range. I do know that their are a lot of people that do LS3 swaps in cruisers, it appears they are happy with them.
I know it is sacrilegious, but this rig will be almost exclusively road driven. Lifted, but minimal wheeling. I have a F250 for towing and a RZR for most of my wheeling needs. I want a fun lifted pavement princess that is capable but mostly a powerful everyday driver. But I really appreciate the feedback. Anymore is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom