For Sale Low mile 62 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my 88 FJ62. It has documented 121,500 miles. Has spent it's whole life in NM, and has been garaged 95% of the time when not on the road. I am the second owner, and bought it from an old neighbor that purchased it new when he was 71 years old. He used it to go back and forth from his Albuquerque home to his cabin 70 miles away on the weekends. He had it serviced every year and I have all of those records. I would be surprised if he ever drove it over 60. I don't think he ever had it in low range. The car is in great shape and I would not be afraid to drive it anywhere. I have put 10K miles on it since my purchase 5 years ago. Everything works. Trans shifts good, no leaks, air blows cold, and 4WD works great. It has wear and tear but very good for it's age. A few dings and scratches, but the orginal paint is very good. There is no rust in the chassis and body. Some of the hardware and items exposed to road debris have surface rust (exhaust, springs, etc) but no rot anywhere. The original spare is under the car and has never been on the ground.

When I purchased it I did the following:

Knuckle job (bearings, shims, seals, brakes, including bearings and discs)

Changed all fluids (coolant, front and rear diff, trans and transfer case)

New tires (Michelin ATX LTX)now have 10K on them.

This is an honest SW vehicle. If Cool Cuisers accepted these cars with more than 100K on them this would be on the front row.

THe good:
Everthing works
No rust
Drive anywhere
Great glass (windsheild new)
Interior in great shape, no dash cracks, no tears, no stains. Has a few s****es and wear in the cargo area but still very nice.

The bad

None

The not so good.

Original stereo Was not good when new, and you can imagine how it sounds now

Front bumper got hit a couple years ago on the drivers side. Looks like just bumper only damage. ( I was going to put an after market on it so did not replace)

I have seen the crazy numbers some of these low mile rigs get on Ebay, but I wanted to offer it to this group first.

I am firm at 7500.00

More pics available on request IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg

great looking two-tone 62. one of my all-time favs. i would be all over that thing if i hadn't just bought one. GLWS!

Nice cruiser! Is it manual windows and door locks, or is it power?
Rear shouder belts and headrests? Some 88's did not have those options.

Great color combo, nice well maintained rig and I think that is a fair price...GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom