Lost 2" in the driver seat from a 100 to 200 - can you make the center console narrower? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my MY 2000 LC for 180k miles, and it is still going strong. But, I'd like to get an updated interior, better electronics, and cooled seats.

So, I sat in a 2017 the other day, and found myself feeling a bit pinched. I got out my measuring tape and found the door arm rest to the center console was 2 inches narrower. Further investigation shows that in the 100 series the center console flares in down by the handbrake narrowing the size of the console, but in the 200's it comes straight up - making it 2 inches wider on each side.

The extra storage is nice, but I'm long-armed and I like to let them rest beside me when cruising long distances, and that 2" actually makes a big difference.

Thus: has anyone made that center console smaller/retro'd in a 100 series console? Or got any better/other ideas for how to get a couple inches back in the drivers seat?

Most likely not possible. The majority of 200s have a cool box in the middle console, so the space is consumed with mechanical stuff and not easily modified.
Hmm, I've got a sawzall... :)

But seriously, nobody else feels it squeezes the cockpit unnecessarily?

I don't like the cockpit in any vehicle nowadays. I like to rest my left arm on the door at the window (a habit from driving 60s/70s/80s vehicles with windows down and no A/C I guess), and all new vehicles have a higher belt line to improve crash ratings which makes my arm sit higher than it should, which makes me shoulder and neck ache. The actual arm rests are too low to be comfortable to me. Apparently I either need a 3" taller or 3" shorter torso.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes ;) I find the truck to be very comfortable, but I think the Lexus version is slightly more comfortable. Maybe go drive an LX 570 and see if that suits you better?

I don't like the cockpit in any vehicle nowadays. I like to rest my left arm on the door at the window (a habit from driving 60s/70s/80s vehicles with windows down and no A/C I guess), and all new vehicles have a higher belt line to improve crash ratings which makes my arm sit higher than it should, which makes me shoulder and neck ache. The actual arm rests are too low to be comfortable to me. Apparently I either need a 3" taller or 3" shorter torso.

I wish they had kept the height/angle adjustable arm rests from the 100 series. And I agree...for y’all folks, the door arm are waaay too low, as is the height of the center console top cushion.

My 80 and 13 DBLCB Tacoma both had narrow small padded center consoles to the 200 which is definitely wider. My Godchild thought it was a seat for her, LOL. I think in the other two I often elbowed the Mrs's or copilot for armrest room the 200 is big enough to share like everything its a preference but I'm very comfortable in leg room at 6'2 and arm space. Hope you find a resolution :cheers:

I don’t, but I’m not a big guy.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes ;) I find the truck to be very comfortable, but I think the Lexus version is slightly more comfortable. Maybe go drive an LX 570 and see if that suits you better?
I tried it - identical. It does seem like all the manufacturers are moving in that direction...

I don’t, but I’m not a big guy.
I'm 6'2", 215 so it isn't my bulk per se - it is that I have "gorilla arms" - they hang way down my torso so I like to be able to put to let them drop to my sides without being pinched.

I guess I need to figure out how to get cooled seats into a 100... :)

5'-7", 145 lbs, 29" waist. I miss the SR5 seats I had in my mini truck pickup.

I tried it - identical. It does seem like all the manufacturers are moving in that direction...

I'm 6'2", 215 so it isn't my bulk per se - it is that I have "gorilla arms" - they hang way down my torso so I like to be able to put to let them drop to my sides without being pinched.

I guess I need to figure out how to get cooled seats into a 100... :)

@FJ60Cam has a kit for 80 series to get cooled seats and I think he is doing the same for the 100
Leather Interiors

5'-7", 145 lbs, 29" waist. I miss the SR5 seats I had in my mini truck pickup.

I’m 5’11” 240lb with a 34” waist. I have a 2015 LX and the seat has so many adjustments that I just played with it until I was comfortable. But it sounds like we’re all different. I don’t know if the LC seats adjust as much as the LX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom