Loose gas cap and stuck in limp mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas. Lots of threads on limp mode, mainly related to TPS. This issue is a bit different.

Wifey was scooting around town in our 2008 GX470 and forgot to tighten the gas cap. :princess:

Cluster blew up with VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, Traction control and Check Engine.

I ran it to auto parts store and it threw me these codes...
P0455 Evaporative Emmisions Leak
P0441 Evap Systems Incorrect Purge Flow

Read these are most likely gas cap related, and sure enough, there it is.

Tightened the cap and wiped the sweat off my brow from the hard labor.

Reset the battery and the truck is still in limp mode. Unplugged for 15 minutes and no change. Trying an hour now. Fingers crossed.

Any other ideas?

Good to know. I swear I was experiencing some power loss. Like the tach couldn't get comfortable as I spun through the gears.

I left the battery disconnected for an hour, and everything seems to be in order for now. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Good to know. I swear I was experiencing some power loss. Like the tach couldn't get comfortable as I spun through the gears.

I left the battery disconnected for an hour, and everything seems to be in order for now. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Limp mode is very noticeable. Little to no throttle input, and the truck usually won't go over 20mph or so.

When you disconnect the battery the ecu needs to relearn idle and drive settings. Let it idle for a few minutes and take your truck for a short drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom