Looking for FJ55 tailgate for my LV project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what kind of parts are the hardest to get?
Anything that is FJ55 specific will be hard, expensive or impossible to get. Anything that the FJ55 has in common with the FJ40 you’ll have a bit of easier time finding.

Post some pictures of your old 55 when you get a chance or a link to the sale add, most guys here know exactly where to look for rust and other potential issues and might be able offer you some advice.

Anything that is FJ55 specific will be hard, expensive or impossible to get. Anything that the FJ55 has in common with the FJ40 you’ll have a bit of easier time finding.

Post some pictures of your old 55 when you get a chance or a link to the sale add, most guys here know exactly where to look for rust and other potential issues and might be able offer you some advice.

The ad was pulled. I forgot what it said, but I'm talking with the guy later today. Front end is removed, and appears to be in the process of an engine rebuild and new clutch being added. Pictures are poor, but I don't see any rust worth mentioning, do you? That was what originally sold me. I've had a couple of rusty vehicles, and this one had none other than some surface rust on the roof. But that was 16 years ago. And yup, there's that peach paint on the left rear roof pillar. He was asking $10,500. Seems high to me, especially if it's disassembled. What do you guys think? It even still had the hand crank, which I loved. I'd be surprised if that stayed with the truck though. (posting the rest of the pics separately).

image10.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image5.jpeg

What do you guys think?
That body from those crappy photos looks good. If it is a good body then 10k is on the high side of what I would pay but you could get double that into fixing a pig you bought for 2k so if this is your long lost pig and has sentimental value then I would have no problem giving the guy 10k.

And this is the other vehicle I want
Kind of cool in a funky grandma car kind of way.

Owned upwards of 50 vehicles over the years. Lost deals by bargaining too much and bargained successfully for ones I should have run from instead. Anymore if the price is not outright stupid I’ve found it better to pay the freight and get on with life. The way prices are going on 55s these days this one with little apparent rust and some pieces (air and pto) you could sell for a third or more of the ask, this doesn’t seem to approach stupid. Especially if you can do some of the reconstruct yourself and you see value in recovering your old Pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom