Looking for BEST manual hand pump for Fat Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve got a Fat Bike, and is got those Presta valves, which I really hate. But I’d like to
find a really efficient high volume pump, floor model is fine. I’d like to not have to
spend over $100. What are you guys using here. There are lots of comparison reports,
but somehow none of them manage to find all of the pumps to compare.
Any help would be appreciated. On aside note, I run ATV tires low pressure too, I know
its crazy to even contemplate, but should needs arise be nice to have the ability to
at least get 2-3 psi into it.

Just because you mention presta valves, many of the hand pumps these days will convert between the two. Some are automatic and others require you to remove and flip a piece that is fitted into the head that fits on the valve. Another option is you can get a "conversion" piece so you can fill your presta valves using a schrader only pump. This might open up your options to portable electric automobile/ATV tire inflators. I keep one of these adapters in my road bike saddle bag just in case I need to fill up at a gas station.

Amazon product ASIN B07DN2MTKQ

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I’ve got one of them. I should just put the, on the wheel and leave them on.
The one I have seems to not work that well. How about pumps? I really would like
a dual action pump, that produces air on both strokes.

I have used my Specialized air tool comp for many many years with absolutely no issues.

5A97DBFF-6706-491A-80B7-768EE3CFE754.jpeg

7FE8610D-BEB1-42BE-8E02-564C8CF5D0DC.jpeg

Cool, figures I can’t tell from the pic. Presta or Schrader valves? Reasonable price for
that pump? If it’s more than a couple of years I’ll have to see what it’s called now

Cool, figures I can’t tell from the pic. Presta or Schrader valves? Reasonable price for
that pump? If it’s more than a couple of years I’ll have to see what it’s called now
Presta valves on all my bikes, but this pump works with both valves. I bought the pump so long ago, I don’t recall the price. And yes Specialized still makes this pump too, they make a couple of models. The Comp is 50 bucks and the pro is 100, They make a couple more.

Just looking now. Thanks, a bit frustrating, internet reviews are now just a list of
products. No one actually reviews anything anymore. Top Ten is just as easily
the ten brands this particular site sells. I’ve just got into fat biking, and I’m trail riding
at 4-6 psi and it’s a bit tricky getting it spot on. Just like airing down truck tires, the
pressure is really important to get right. More so, since it’s me doing the work, not
the diesel....

Just looking now. Thanks, a bit frustrating, internet reviews are now just a list of
products. No one actually reviews anything anymore. Top Ten is just as easily
the ten brands this particular site sells. I’ve just got into fat biking, and I’m trail riding
at 4-6 psi and it’s a bit tricky getting it spot on. Just like airing down truck tires, the
pressure is really important to get right. More so, since it’s me doing the work, not
the diesel....
I don’t use the pump for the precise pressure, I use an accu gauge to dial it in.

82462147-791B-4145-9820-ADCCDD7A197D.jpeg

I got one of those. Use it for my ATV too

I have a Serfas FP 200. Around $50 bucks. I’ve had it for about 12 years and it does a great job on road and mountain bikes. I’m not “fat tire” but I’m sure it would do just fine.
31FC332C-C546-4770-A795-F73EE7A9CAAB.jpeg

Highly recommend a Lezyne Floor Pump. I keep one in my LC full time. Long hose with reversible presta schrader valve bit.

I like that line of pumps. Thanks.

I'm using a Lezyne as well, is been working great for years.

Regarding pressure, the actual amount isn't that important, just get it to where you're comfortable, and make sure to use the same gauge every time. At such low pressures, and with the cheap gauges built into the pumps, different gauges can easily show different results.

I've been using my Lezyne Floor Drive for around 12 years now. I've never had any issues and it still works like new. Make sure to get the high volume version of whatever you decide on.

This has been great help. I’ll have to head to town whenever it opens and see
what’s available here. I have figured out that it’s best to buy a better low pressure gauge
and use it. The one I carry for the ATV is good, and I run those tries at 4-7 lbs depending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom