Looking for a diesel powered expedition type land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81 front driver.jpg
81 pass front.jpg
81 front driver.jpg
81 pass front.jpg
81 pass rear quarter.jpg
A few more photos

Drrrrroooooool!

Agree about the rack...meh! :meh:

The parking brake is an actual THING on an 80? I thought the operation of such a device was merely a suggestion.

I bought this truck in December 2015. It failed radiation and was resold. It was later resold and imported. I notified the seller when I saw it on eBay and sent him the radiation reports. I don't know how serious the contamination is, you can see the readings in the attached reports, anything over .300 is considered contaminated. For most trucks the readings are below .100 (background radiation levels). Sorry. This is why I need to be posting this stuff more publicly when I see it.

Attachments

• 1st check.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • 2nd check.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
I bought this truck in December 2015. It failed radiation and was resold. It was later resold and imported. I notified the seller when I saw it on eBay and sent him the radiation reports. I don't know how serious the contamination is, you can see the readings in the attached reports, anything over .300 is considered contaminated. For most trucks the readings are below .100 (background radiation levels). Sorry. This is why I need to be posting this stuff more publicly when I see it.

Holey ***ushima Bat Man!

Meh, Gary's old, shouldn't matter too much.

Seriously tho Steve, is the whole report you posted radiation readings from different locations on the truck, or is one particular column the rad reading?

Seriously tho Steve, is the whole report you posted radiation readings from different locations on the truck, or is one particular column the rad reading?

The columns are for different areas. The VIN is on the left. The areas are grille, windshield and then each wheel well.

I really have no idea if it's dangerous or what, but it is well beyond what is considered the legally exportable limit.

I think it's s***ty that the seller didn't disclose it, but I'm not surprised.

but it is well beyond what is considered the legally exportable limit

Steve, how do you think it was ever exported if it was not legal to do so? It's not like the levels would have decreased.

Steve, how do you think it was ever exported if it was not legal to do so? It's not like the levels would have decreased.

I've heard that you can change out parts, windshield, radiator, grille, tires, etc, when it's close to the limit. But I don't really know what "close to the limit" is. This has been the only truck with radiation I've dealt with. Most others have levels equal to the measured background radiation (background rads at time of testing is noted in the upper right). That's around .100, the limit is considered .300. I asked the seller if he had a radiation report, he said he didn't. I'm sure there are ways to sneak one through if you have the right connections, but I don't even consider that kind of thing so I don't know how it would work.

I'll add that besides the radiation, this is a sweet truck. Good mileage, good looking condition. I think it may have been a one-owner.

You're welcome to borrow it. I'll have to get it out and see if it's still working, that's where the uranium marbles come in lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom