Looking for 80 series in BHM area. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I'm attempting to become an 80 n00b and have been looking for an 80 in the area, but pickings are slim. Any of y'all got a lead on local rigs for sale? Thanks much!

will keep my eyes open

all older SUV 4x4s have become very trendy and prices are shooting up. The 80s and 90s Cruisers, Wagoneers and Rovers are very popular right now.

If the OP is not going to be rock crawling, I'd suggest a 100 series due to the availability and lower prices.

It is sitting really a$$ high too. That seems kind of odd to me.

Anyone in the area willing to put on a class for an 80 series wannabe on the ins and outs of inspecting a potential buy? I can supply beer of your choice...

i'd pass on the first one as well. the rear crossmember doesn't bother me. you can always add a 4x4 labs rear bumper which makes you cut off the crossmember anyway. i'd be a lot more wary of the rust. wrenching on these things can be a PITA sometimes and i'm always thankful i'm not fighting rust. be patient and search online daily. i looked for 9 months before i found mine.

Just check the ATL craigslist. Quick search turned up half a dozen or more 80s. I just search "Land Cruiser". Happy hunting.

KM

I have a 97 LX 450
245,00O miles with most of the work done. Runs and drives great.
$7750 firm on price.

Following has all been done since Aug. 2016
Radiator & hoses
PHH
Valve cover gasket and plug tube seals
Plug wires, cap, rotor, and plugs
Brake booster and check valve
New seals in rear hubs and bearings serviced
Rear diff fluid changed
New Toyota front rotors and parts store rears with new Toyota pads all the way around
3D printed cup holders front and rear
Complete front axle service using all Toyota parts to include trunion bearings and races.
New fan clutch
New idler bearing
New belts
New battery
New Toyota joints in rear drive shaft
New gears in passenger seat
New hood and hatch lid struts
New window motor in drear window all others cleaned and greased.
New alpine speakers
Lots of new vacuum hoses
PCV valve, hose and grommet
Air filter
OME steering stabilizer
Power steering hoses
Transmission fluid changed
New O2 sensors

Remaining to do:
Oil pump gasket
Distributor O-Ring
Flush PS and reseal pump
Xfer case fluid
Replace antenna(have part) radio works fine as is
EGR troubleshoot or bypass
Troubleshoot cruise control

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff but I got most of it. Send me a message here if you think it is something you would consider. I'm not dead set on selling it and I'm firm on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom