Looking at GX460/GX470s. Year models to avoid/models that are easier to modify (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so I started out looking at 80 series and 100 series LCs. I'm now going to check out the GX models to see if they would fit the bill better. What kind of aftermarket is available for these models now and what all goes into them to lift them 2.5 inches and get 33s to fit? Are certain models more problem prone and are certain models more expensive to modify for lifts as far as suspensions go? Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited:
03 is the easiest,
1. no side curtain airbag
2. no TPMS.
3. No air injection

1. No air injection
1. KDSS available as option

1. VVTI +30 HP
2. Air injection most likely need bypass
3. First year of sport model

Awesome thank you! What about the Nav? Try to find one without it?
That is the easiest to upgrade. People been doing non nav conversion. The parts are getting harder and harder to find. Might need to start importing from Australia or Europe. Japan seems to have nav on most.

My 03 does have side curtain air bags.
Might be it just don't have roll sensing. Just operating strictly on impact sensor.
Does yours have RSCA button next to mirror switch? Roll Sensing Curtain Airbag button disable roll sensing. Intended to prevent deployment in severe angle off road conditions.

No it doesn’t, been toying with pulling the fuse when off-roading.
I actually need to do some more research on it myself.

Looks like a nice clean 2009. That’s a good year with the clear rear lenses. It has a timing belt not chain.

Looks like a nice clean 2009. That’s a good year with the clear rear lenses. It has a timing belt not chain.

Dealership gave me the run around on the phone about it hasn’t been through service yet to see if it can be sold. Come to find out they had it detailed and someone got something in the engine bay wet and it was having electrical problems. About every light possible was on, on the dash.
Lady at the dealership had a 2005 she was bringing in for service and said she wanted to sell it. She bought it new in Austin Tx. Ended up buying it from her before the day was over for 9k. DVD headphones were still in the bubble wrap and looked about as new as possible for something with 120k miles on it. Same color as yours Homers.

Nice strategy to stalk old ladies at the dealer! ROTFLMAO. If you are going to build it, start a build thread. Sounds like a great find.

Nice strategy to stalk old ladies at the dealer! ROTFLMAO. If you are going to build it, start a build thread. Sounds like a great find.

Definitely will be building it. I have a lot of research to do on what wheels and tires and lift combo to run where I can get away from having to trim anything. I'd like to be able to take it back to stop if I need to. Also can't make up my mind between black or bronze wheels. I was thinking bronze or some form of it until I saw your black ones Homers. Guess I'll do some flip flopping on which to go with. But holy hell I have to get this nav and mark lev system out of here asap. Gonna give one of those tesla style jobs a go and see how I like it.

Dealership gave me the run around on the phone about it hasn’t been through service yet to see if it can be sold. Come to find out they had it detailed and someone got something in the engine bay wet and it was having electrical problems. About every light possible was on, on the dash.
Lady at the dealership had a 2005 she was bringing in for service and said she wanted to sell it. She bought it new in Austin Tx. Ended up buying it from her before the day was over for 9k. DVD headphones were still in the bubble wrap and looked about as new as possible for something with 120k miles on it. Same color as yours Homers.
That's a helluva buy! Congrats! The timing couldn't have been perfect for you!

Definitely will be building it. I have a lot of research to do on what wheels and tires and lift combo to run where I can get away from having to trim anything. I'd like to be able to take it back to stop if I need to. Also can't make up my mind between black or bronze wheels. I was thinking bronze or some form of it until I saw your black ones Homers. Guess I'll do some flip flopping on which to go with. But holy hell I have to get this nav and mark lev system out of here asap. Gonna give one of those tesla style jobs a go and see how I like it.
Looks like you've just missed the 3rd round of group purchasing the upgraded entertainment/stereo: Grom Audio VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 3

I’m pretty sure there have been a few that’s had that rude experience.
03 doesn't have roll sensing so it won't go off unless there is a side impact. I have had mine way way over and no issues.

03 doesn't have roll sensing so it won't go off unless there is a side impact. I have had mine way way over and no issues.
Yeah I’ve been in a few spots that I worried about it, but it’s good to know I don’t have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom