Looking at an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

93-97 are gutless wonders too. That's OK. Depends on how much $$$z someone wants to spend.

Gee a 93-97 with a supercharger is faster than a stock 100 series:D

As a follow up, what do you guys think the Factory Lockers option is worth? I am thinking about $1k? In other words, if you had two identical 80's, but one had the lockers, how much more would it be worth?

$1K is a good ballpark, don't think you will find that on a 91-92.

Lots of people don't know what they are and don't charge more for them.

if you are a fair wrench get the 91 its easier to work on.

really? I found my 3FE'd FJ62 a pain to work on until I cleaned up the engine bay 2 card board boxes of extra crap later and it is not bad still way to many vacuum lines, i find the 1FZ a cleaner engine with more access. the 3FE has it own set of PHH's and tight spots.
3FE.jpg

$1K is a good ballpark, don't think you will find that on a 91-92.

Lots of people don't know what they are and don't charge more for them.

I'd second that. I've been looking for a while for just the right one to come along. It does seem that the ones with the lockers go for about 1k more. I dont know why, but it seems like all the locked ones I seem to find are also in better condition and seem like they have done less wheeling, so that may be part of the price as well? Seems counterintuitive, but that's been the experience in my search.

Gee a 93-97 with a supercharger is faster than a stock 100 series:D

Oh...you almost got me. Then I seen the smiley face.

Actually, my buddy's 80 with a S/C and 4.88 does quite well. My misgeared 100 still takes him at all speeds though. I was impressed with his rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom