Looking at an 09 LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My first thread here was y'all talking me out of buying a rusty LC. Actually I was never going to buy the rusty one, but y'all didn't want me make one any less. I bought a '14 GX and I'm very happy with it, but I can't shake the feeling that I need the big dog. I love the extra power, and the 3rd row is a little more usable than the one on the GX, and I do use the 3rd row regularly.

1696023161813.png

The good:
  • 2009 LX570
  • 146k miles
  • Asking $21,300, being sold by a dealer
  • zero rust underneath (or anywhere)
  • Lived its life in Miami & Texas.
  • Carfax shows steady maintenance over the life of the car.

The bad:
  • 3 minor accidents in Carfax
    • backed into a parked car (minor damage to back right) @ 40k miles.
    • minor damage to front 25k miles ago
    • minor damage to front left 10k miles ago
  • un-repaired hail damage on hood from a previous owner
  • Light interior.....looks clean but showing some cracking. Would prefer black but my wife prefers the light as it stays cooler in the Texas heat.

I plan to go look at it tomorrow, what specifically should I be on the lookout for? I'm a little gunshy about trading out my 85k GX for a 5 years older + 65k mile vehicle....but I do all my own work on my Jeeps and have targeted the LX because of the storied reliability and apparent ease of doing my own repairs. That said, I'd just as soon not have to be replacing piston rings & rebuilding transfer cases etc. I'm also a little concerned about the cost of parts like headlights. Or maybe I'm just out of touch after driving 90's jeeps for too long.

1696023131138.png

Radiator and cooling is the weak link. See what has been done. Check the vin on Lexus. Com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom