Looking at a 2003 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking into a 2003 4Runner. I called about Mileage and they thought 160,000. I know the place that worked on it and they thought it was pretty good shape. Unsure of the timeing belt forgot to ask. What else should I look for? this is a Northeast car, where should I check for rust issues. it is SR5 and asking $6000. This will be for my kid.
Any known issues?
Thanks!

rust rust rust...NE cars get it all over. If it lived up there with that mileage it will have it.

The 100k services, leaky actuator at the tcase, otherwise normal leaks/issues, etc Cracked dash, leaking radiator.

Looked under it better last night. starting to rust though on a couple spots on the bottom of the frame near the rear trailing arms. I guess it is a pass.

Better off finding a southern car and taking it up so I you can keep up with the winter time washes to keep the salt out.

Mine had some rust along the rear trailing arms and on the rear diff and it took a couple of hours of work to get it removed and coated with undercoat. SOME rust is manageable but your best bet is to find one with none to start with.

But as DanKunz said the main things are timing belt replacement, leaks (from anywhere really), and check for correct gaps between the panels to make sure no shotty body repairs have been done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom