Longer shackles for OME leaf springs?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiserTrash

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
cruisertrashparts.com
I have a shackle reversal up front and I’m trying to level the rake out, right now the back is much lower. Looking for longer shackles in the rear since I don’t want to add another leaf.

Is this a universal fit kind of thing or so I need specific shackles that work (width-wise)?

Anybody got a pair laying around they want to part with??

7799C252-F5E6-4473-950D-A5FFA7E944C1.jpeg

Just put bigger tires on the rear. Problem solved.

Found some shackles, but I’m missing two pins and have no idea what bushings will fit. Even though so loathe 4 Wheel Parts I might go in and have one of their desk bros bring me an endless stream of bushing until I find something that will work - or can be modified to work.

I have some slightly longer anti-inversion shackles up front I got from Cruiser Outfitters @cruiseroutfit to try and correct the normal OME rake. When I say slightly, it seems like they were only like a half inch so not sure it would help you here or not. They may have other options but I would give them a holler if you cannot find bushings for the ones you have.

Lemme guess, hammering hard to make it to SAS? Might be tight for a Cruiser Outfitters shipment but who knows. Maybe give them a shout and see if they can help. GL and HTH.

@Gretsch I’ve been emailing with the boys at CO already … and in my SAS prep I’ve been placing orders 1-2x per week lately haha.

Here’s what I’m working with so far:
-2x 5 1/4” dog bone shackles
-Neighbor who can weld anti-inversion tabs
-2x shackle pins (OD 15.5mm)
-OME hardened washers (garage find)
-Energy Suspension 60 Series bushings
(ID 16.5 mm; OD fits 60 hangers and leaf
eyes; also discovered in my garage)

Here’s what I need:
-2x shackle pins (run with 1mm play between pin and inside of bushing)

OR

-4x shackle pins
-appropriate bushings (maybe the Energy ones work or maybe I get new ones)

D06AF77E-0728-484E-A923-D0667D840BE3.jpeg

45204454-0C85-48D6-9194-A43E33DC0FC5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom