• Purchased truck without OEM lockers

Votes: 46 25.0%
  • Purchased truck without OEM lockers, installed ARBs

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Purchased without lockers, staying open

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the truck since, 96 originally leased by parents. When the Lease was up the car went back. Long story short: I found it before it got re-leased/sold and got it back in 99. Discovered MUD 2004 cried through 2005 (when I realized I should have gotten OEM lockers), recovered and kicking ass unlocked ever since :flipoff2:

alkaline747trio said:
Open, but ARB rear within the next 365 days...

I'm gonna jump on that wagon, and say that's a reasonable time frame.

-Sam-

Last edited:
I don't know if I would've ever bought an 80 if it didn't have'em. That's what sold me on the rig. I hated'em 'til I found out they had lockers. Now it's my favorite rig.

puchased with lockers...when I was looking I looked at all 80's 96 and 97 with condition that it have low miles and have lockers.

Why hate an 80 without lockers, they can wheel almost anywhere w/o them, add the lockers + sliders and you can go anywhere as long as you can slick slide over the obstical.

Bought without lockers, and will stay that way for a while. When the LX gets fully passed on to me (from wife) will probably get some ARB's.

Tony

Didn't say that I hated it because it didn't have lockers. I just hated 80's.

They've grown on me obviously. :D

alkaline747trio said:
Why hate an 80 without lockers, they can wheel almost anywhere w/o them, add the lockers + sliders and you can go anywhere as long as you can slick slide over the obstical.

Same here.. only looked at 80's because of the full lockers. Otherwise it would have been another newer 4runner for me. 1st question I asked sellers... does it have a knob to the left of the steering wheel for differential lockers.

Locked (only looked at locked 80's)

Wanted one with lockeers, but after 8 months, nothing within 300 miles that didn't have a crap load of miles or that the seller want more than I would pay or both. I didn't feel comfortable going long distance, so I went for a clean rig. I will put on lockers if I feel that I need them.

Besides only :princess: :flamingo: :flamingo: need lockers :flipoff2:. I hope to use my lockerless time becoming a better driver though.

Ross

Told a few Toy Dealers here in the valley to keep an eye out for ONLY a '96 or '97 with Lockers. 2 months later I got the call. it only had 47k miles on it (in 2003). PO traded it in for a loaded Sequoa.

The sales guy had everything all ready for me when I showed up and told me 4 of the other sales guys had been trying to call 'dibs' on it for themselves and got pissed when they found out he called 'dibs' for the first one to hit the lot with the owner of the dealership who agreed the two months prior. When the owner saw what it looked like (damn near immaculate) he told the sales guy he'd never do that again. They still got full (high) blue book so its not like they "lost" anything, just who they sold it too.

At the time, I still probably paid too much for it but I figured I'd never get another shot at one in that condition, with low miles like that, and lockers to boot. I had passed on several unlocked LC's during those 2 months (looking on my own) with more than double the miles although several thousand $'s less. Having personaly installed 3 ARB's in my life (2 in my current 4Rnr and 1 in my previous Toy XCab), it was worth every penny.

WET

Purchased without. Not that I had that much of a choice :D

My 97 has lockers thats the way I wanted it.Have't needed them yet but if I do I have them.

Concrete if you had used it you would have found the search function could have already answered this question for you. :doh:

Biff said:
Awww-yes the pre mud days, I was blissfully igrnorant, and still had cash. Now I'm somewhat knowledgable(sp) have lockers and a lacking in cash :crybaby: You can't have everthing

Well, does this tell you something.:D To much Mud, not enough work, not enough cash? :doh:

I was looking for the lowest mileage 96' or 97' LC, with a single owner, complete maintenance history, and in the exterior/interior color scheme I wanted. My rig is the family rig and ski/mountain pass driving vehicle and lockers are nice, but not necessary in my case. Can't say I wouldn't mind having them though.

Russell

reffug said:
Concrete if you had used it you would have found the search function could have already answered this question for you. :doh:

I'm pretending i didn't read that.... :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom