Locked and loaded 80 forever! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a 60 eh? no chance! but then on the other hand a 62 might be something else...
hmmm.... not a bad idea.....
better start looking, it might take a while to get one with cold enough A/C....!
:D
E

How many more posts before you buy sliders, lift, rear bumper, front bumper, skid plate, winch, cup holder, diff switch etc?????
:D :D :D :D
Sean

>> ... when that first scratch happens <<

I know how to take care of that before it happens. :D

-B-

PB:
well, comparing the 80 and the 100 here goes:
- on the road, it is absolutely clearly unambiguously a sheer absolute fact -IMHO- that the 100 smokes the 80 in all respects. The 100 is soooo much better it's not funny! I can guarantee that the guys saying otherwise have either a) never driven a 100 and/or b) indulged too much in college! :D
- off road, I don't know yet. I have not been anywhere yet where the 100 could not do what was needed, but admittedly I have not taken it where there was a serious chance to damage it. But I have read several comments here by knowledgeable folks who swear that Trac Control is not as effective as Diff Locks. I believe them. And btw, YOU BETTER BE RIGHT CUZ THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THE 80!!!!!! :) Anyways, so I assume that for the real gnarly stuff the 80 should be better. For the light and medium stuff, the 100 is probably more comfortable and would do what's needed.
JMHO
Eric

oh, btw, guys, the other reason that I bought the 80 is that I can take it places without worrying too much about scratching it, unlike the 100. Of course, it would have been better to get a cosmetically challenged one rather than "PRISTINE2"... :D :D :D, but eh, I like good stuff...
E

I have driven 100's, several of them. They are indeed nice hiway rides. I prefer the "feel" of the 80. It is not quite as refined but I just prefer its habits.

Besides, if it starts to feel a bit "coarse" I just hop in my Dodge truck for a day and get "re-adjusted" :flipoff2:

Just carry the sawzall out and leave it next to the truck. When the spouse sees it, she'll freak, then just say that you're just gonna touch it up a bit for the rocks and you'll have a perfect pic taking time. Of course it would be with her foot up your backside :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom