Local Diff rebuild shop review - Valley Differentials, Stockton (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SJWantsADiesel

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all, trying to get the stock diff gears on my '97 Land Cruiser upgraded to 5.29. We used to have a good diff shop here in South San Francisco but they folded a few years ago. I used East Coast Gear Supply too in the past and they are great but I am looking to have this rebuild done before I leave for a trip at end of April and with back/forth shipping, ECGS won't be able to get them back in time. So I looked up a few local shops based on Yelp reviews and found Valley Differentials in Stockton. I got a very reasonable quote and they seem to have excellent reviews on Yelp. I wanted to see if any mud members have used their services. Guy on the phone said they use Sierra gears (said no Yukon) but I could supply my own Nitro gears. He did say that he tends to find Nitro gears a little more noisy than Sierra. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Valley Hybrids / Georg ( @orangefj45 ) is very well respected on mud / in the LC community. Search some of his posts if you want to get an idea.

I don't have experience with gear quality myself, but I believe I've read here recently that Nitro's quality is questionable on some stuff. I csnt find the specific thread i was thinking of (group buy thread, perhaps deleted as it went off topic), but @raisinhell2 was sharing his experience with nitro quality.... some mention in his thread here:

I would listen to what Georg / his crew recommend for brand.

Last edited:
Hi all, trying to get the stock diff gears on my '97 Land Cruiser upgraded to 5.29. We used to have a good diff shop here in South San Francisco but they folded a few years ago. I used East Coast Gear Supply too in the past and they are great but I am looking to have this rebuild done before I leave for a trip at end of April and with back/forth shipping, ECGS won't be able to get them back in time. So I looked up a few local shops based on Yelp reviews and found Valley Differentials in Stockton. I got a very reasonable quote and they seem to have excellent reviews on Yelp. I wanted to see if any mud members have used their services. Guy on the phone said they use Sierra gears (said no Yukon) but I could supply my own Nitro gears. He did say that he tends to find Nitro gears a little more noisy than Sierra. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Talk to Sean at River City Diff in Sacramento. He’ll get it done right and in a timely manner.
We’re pretty back logged or I’d be happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom