Lo rider 40 on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is no reason a Tacoma low pinion third member won't fit in the housing, but the steering will get in the way if you have it in the factory 80 location. (behind the axle)

My buddy has a low pinion E-locker in his mini truck front axle, simply because it was available at the time. The mods to the housing are identical between a hi pinion and low pinion 8" locker.

Chuucher said:
IT CAN BE DONE!!! TRD 4:11 IN FJ80 HOUSING! THIS HELPS ME WITH MY TIGHT DRIVE SHAFT PROBLEM AS WELL.

:meh: Trust in 'Mud.;)

Very cool project! Any plans to plate the front axle housing where the air bumps land? I don't imagine that the stock housing would stand a chance against a few hard hits with an air bump.

To answer both things steering and air bumps. I need to get my FOA tank back from the place that is filling it with nitro to get my ride height dialed in. so I can address steering and air bump height.

I am struggling a little with the issue of being so low. I really really need a RHD steeing arm so I can buy the SLEE kit. I really want the hell fire but with even drilling out the arms and running Hiems underneath I still think it may be to tall. Right now I have the arms flipped from the 80 but because of their length I can't get full steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom