LJ78 Question - autobox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, just a quick question if you don't mind:

I notice that my AT Pressure warning light does not come on at ignition, but the AT Temp warning light does. I'm wondering if the pressure warning light is burnt out. Has anyone else noticed this, or would anyone else be willing to check out their truck to see if it's the same?

Also, I've heard that I should be checking the fluid level when the truck is warm and the engine is running. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance.
Robin

light_duty said:
Hey all, just a quick question if you don't mind:

I notice that my AT Pressure warning light does not come on at ignition, but the AT Temp warning light does. I'm wondering if the pressure warning light is burnt out. Has anyone else noticed this, or would anyone else be willing to check out their truck to see if it's the same?

Also, I've heard that I should be checking the fluid level when the truck is warm and the engine is running. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance.
Robin
idiot lights are for idiots, install a proper tranny fluid temp guage at next fluid change.
i have never noticed the pressure light ever come on.
always check warm and in "N' (e/brake on of course)

On my BJ74 with auto trans the AT presure light only comes on when the transfer case is shifted into N. Not sure but it may be there to montoir presure when a PTO is in use. (transfer in N, truck in gear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom