LJ77 worth it? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a LJ77 European Spec with the 2.4L Turbo. I live at 8700-ft elevation, and Winters are cold and long up here. So a small turbo diesel is not ideal climate for me, nor would it work well on the steep mountain passes. Is it worth getting it and dropping a 1FZ engine into it, and is that even doable without major headaches? It has the H150 transmission.

Short nose truck for LJ. You will need to do a snout extension.

LJ is not good option at altitude.

LJ WILL NOT HAVE a h15x transmission. R series are fine. You won’t have 250 hp to wheels

Looking at a LJ77 European Spec with the 2.4L Turbo. I live at 8700-ft elevation, and Winters are cold and long up here. So a small turbo diesel is not ideal climate for me, nor would it work well on the steep mountain passes. Is it worth getting it and dropping a 1FZ engine into it, and is that even doable without major headaches? It has the H150 transmission.
Not a good pick with 8700 feet. I live at 8200 Just north of Walden I have a 1991 LJ70. Have owned it for about 7 years now out of Italy. The first 3 years I lived in up state New York and loved it. Since I am out here not happy, no matter where I go I have to go over a pass. So I am always running warm, unless she is real cheap I would stay clear. If you lived below 3000 it would be fine.

If you drive around in Europe you will find LJ’s around every mountain there and people like them . They accepted living in the slow lane and running stock size tires to be able to get up said mountain but the Euro spec LJ7x are pretty fun to drive and do not suffer the same self destructing habits their JDM siblings have . My first land cruiser 30 years ago in Europe was a LJ73 and I drove that all over Europe without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom