Builds LJ70 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Just adding to the 70 series forum...

This will be a fairly original build because I have want to maintain some originality. Mostly a restoration in a way! Cleaned up front end a bit

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

Did you spray that yourself or have it power coated? Looks nice.
Funny thing, I was touching mine up today. Your's turned out way better.

IMG_1647.JPG

Sprayed it myself, I think the angle makes it look better than it actually is. Yours is better because chrome is still there, my chrome was chipped so i had no choice

Did you spray that yourself or have it power coated? Looks nice.
Funny thing, I was touching mine up today. Your's turned out way better.

View attachment 1508609

Toyota really forces these DIY projects on the grille. Over $600 bucks for those 3 pieces is totally nuts! LOL. In case anyone cares, I was missing 3 of the 4 backing tabs for the Headlamp Doors (surrounds for the the headlights). Part number for that is: 90467-13005

Grille Part Numbers.png

Last edited:
Toyota really forces these DIY projects on the grille. Over $600 bucks for those 3 pieces is totally nuts! LOL. In case anyone cares, I was missing 3 of the 4 backing tabs for the Headlamp Doors (surrounds for the the headlights). Part number for that is: 90467-13005

View attachment 1508678

Wait those are available in the US?!

Surprisingly, yes. They must have been used on the Camry at some point. Only $2.50 each, what a steal! I doubt they made any money with that price point.

IMG_1683.JPG

Last edited:
You're welcome! Snug fit, you'll love it! I am hesitant to post this, but the (6) locking nuts on the headlight rims strip out easily. Recommend just getting some 8m stainless hardware at Lowes at 1/10th the price and twice the quality. All six of mine had to be drilled out. Nuts!

IMG_1694.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! I just got them wired up today. It is getting dark out now, so I have to go see how I like them. I am really happy with the look, jury out on the performance.

Last edited:
I believe there are pleanty of knock off LED headlights that don't require the resistor.
I would look around for true plug and play. No need for more clutter.

I believe there are pleanty of knock off LED headlights that don't require the resistor.
I would look around for true plug and play. No need for more clutter.

Was only saving the thread because it had multiple options

You got the pics of your headlights in action?

Just curious, and issues with your rack mounts hitting the "gasket/trim" of your side windows where they mount at the gutter?

Just curious, and issues with your rack mounts hitting the "gasket/trim" of your side windows where they mount at the gutter?

Thats not my truck in the photo...I found it online and just posted it so I can reference the flares that I am on the hunt for.

Not trying to talk you out of it, if you already have your mind made up, but your rig already looks sweet and doesn't have any rust on the fenders or quarters. I wouldn't change it. Rust seems to love to hind behind those flares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom