Little cleaning tonight....are these anything? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Doing some cleaning tonight from the BC trip......excuse my cruiser ignorance if this is a stupid question.

Are these anything? Or just parts of something?

Thanks, Matt
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

bull said:
Those look to be the lower part of soft top doors. I think..well what is left of them..

I was kinda thinking that, but not sure? They have some surface rust on them, but pretty solid.

Thanks, Matt

When does the 45 rebuild begin?? :)

Definitely doors. Not sure if they are OEM doors, though.....seems like they are missing some hardware if they are. They look more like they could be halfdoors.

They look like a portion of the soft doors on Ground Up's rig - see pic of the whole door on post #119 and #217 here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=52396&page=4

I had never seen doors like that until I ran across his restoration thread. He did an extremely detailed restoration on that FJ40 and now he has is for sale on Ebay. He's had it appraised at $63K. I can't wait to see if anyone offers him enough for him to let it go.

MDH33 said:
When does the 45 rebuild begin?? :)

Hopefully soon.....still got a few things to finish on the lv ;)

Been working on procuring a new (used) frame. It's going to happen, just want to make sure I am able to get one. I have several solid leads and I know I will get one for sure....should know within 30 days which one and where it's coming from.

After that.......wide open....;p

Matt

Is there any need for these by anyone, or to much gone to be worth anything??

Thanks, Matt

They are worth something to someone I"m sure and more if that is the piece of the puzzle that is needed to complete the project. :)

buckroseau said:
Hopefully soon.....still got a few things to finish on the lv ;)

Been working on procuring a new (used) frame. It's going to happen, just want to make sure I am able to get one. I have several solid leads and I know I will get one for sure....should know within 30 days which one and where it's coming from.

After that.......wide open....;p

Matt

You know you could have had all this and more...I was closer too :flipoff2:

bull said:
You know you could have had all this and more...I was closer too :flipoff2:

Now what fun would that have been......it would have made it WAY to easy :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom