Test: Link to app .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hello Woody .. how I can ( if it's posible ) make my phone ( N1 Android Gingerbread CM7 ) go to the mud app when click mail link instead of regular browser .?

thanks !

David

I was going to post this up as a suggestion to you Woody. I'm sure there's a pretty easy way for the "webmaster" to add a link into all notification emails sent to users' personal emails. Just leave everything as is but add in a link to "open via IH8Mud mobile". This would be an outstanding addition!

I was going to post this up as a suggestion to you Woody. I'm sure there's a pretty easy way for the "webmaster" to add a link into all notification emails sent to users' personal emails. Just leave everything as is but add in a link to "open via IH8Mud mobile". This would be an outstanding addition!

and how the phone will know to redirect using the link to the app . ?

and how the phone will know to redirect using the link to the app . ?
Basically should be almost as easy as this: IH8MUD Forum Mobile
One link to the topic on IH8Mud.com like normal and another link to the same topic but on the mobile forum. I'm pretty sure it's a basic upgrade.

easy update, sure...but getting people to use it correctly is impossible...

I get one 'mistake' a month from folks who get a PM via mobile and reply directly to my email addy....

I get 7-8 a month as regular emails...

meaning, the huge "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" notice gets ignored...

also, mforum is NOT the same as the mobile application...in fact, I should dump mforum completely...

easy update, sure...but getting people to use it correctly is impossible...

I get one 'mistake' a month from folks who get a PM via mobile and reply directly to my email addy....

I get 7-8 a month as regular emails...

meaning, the huge "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" notice gets ignored...

also, mforum is NOT the same as the mobile application...in fact, I should dump mforum completely...
I'm guilty of accidentally replying to a PM notification - pretty recently in fact. :whoops:

I didn't realize the mforum was different - good to know. I've never actually used the mforum, I just happened to run across it whilst searching for where to make forum suggestions and, because it looks similar to the app, I just assumed they were one in the same.

Maybe start a thread or a poll of some type asking for people's input on the idea? I'm fairly certain it would be a landslide to do it; the thread would serve more as an "incognito" way to inform everyone about how to utilize it and to spread the word about it.

Just my two cents though. :cheers:

It happens to me too .. got at least couple per months from our forum ..

But I'm pretty sure that can be done .. just din't dedicate enough time to that ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom