Lift installed....rear air bag delete....warning lights on ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'11 GX 460.....swapped out the rear air bags for coils...along with all new Iron Man

Nitro shocks & front struts....now have these lights on dash...removed the two fuses suggested

by Iron Man....lights are annoying...have not gone for alignment yet...(Virus travel directives)

Or not have had new TPMS sensors calibrated......any ideas ??

Dd6QUA3.jpg

Did you remove everything for the air suspension? You should leave everything in except for the airbags themselves.

Did you remove everything for the air suspension? You should leave everything in except for the airbags themselves.

my mechanic buddy did the job last week......I know front shock sensors are removed...

Just looking for ideas so I know what to discuss with him....along with the two fuses mentioned

my mechanic buddy did the job last week......I know front shock sensors are removed...

Just looking for ideas so I know what to discuss with him....along with the two fuses mentioned

I think the key is to not take everything out. You need to leave the rear level sensors in, and you need to leave the air pump plugged it. If it was all removed, then you’re going to get dash lights.

The only things I removed during my install were the shock absorber controllers and the air bags (just the two bags). I left all of the other air suspension parts in, I have no dash lights or warnings.

I'm dealing with the same thing myself and posted below... We are going to put sensors back in and see if that helps.

Saw that post about the washer trick...headed to home depot today to get the washers and a longer bolt if possible (with my N95 mask and gloves)
thank you for posting that

Oh, and to add more more thing to add to this post. I notice that when I have the truck loaded up for a trip, the weight will compress the springs in the back, this trips the sensors to think that the truck is sagging and kicks on the air compressor to fill the air bags. So if I’m parked and the truck is running I can hear the air compressor going.

that will be something else to solve for the future...let us know if you figure that one out :) Maybe there is a way to disable the pump but still trick it into thinking it is there

Is your spare tire aired up to the proper presser? I use my spare for pressurizing my water jerry cans and when the pressure gets below X psi, the dash lights comes on.

Weirdest thing.......followed Iron Man's install info......pulled fuses.....

'Check air suspension' lamps on as per pic.....

Only yesterday....put fuses back in.......warning lamps went off ??????

Also had an alignment.....programmed new TPMS sensors....

No stupid warning lights on at all now.....all is well......??

We didn't pull any fuses so I had already ruled that one out, but I will double check that "someone else" might have pulled one. I suspect that I might need to tweak the height adjuster that we put back in (add washers, check plug connections). The only other thing that was pulled was the component with the connector that attaches to the top of each airbag. Also wondering if I need to use an ODB2 to reset the "check suspension" code

When I did the install on my truck, I didn't have to pull any fuses or reset the OBD2 to clear the check suspension dash message. I did have the message on my dash for a while until I corrected the level sensors. All I had to do was install the spacers for the level sensors in the back. You want to get the arm on the level sensor level.

There must be a way to keep the OFF switch active so the air pump doesn’t run when under load or not level.

There must be a way to keep the OFF switch active so the air pump doesn’t run when under load or not level.
I think my plan in the future is adding some helper air bags and tie it into the factory air pump and leveling system. But I agree, it would be nice to be able to disable the pump without getting any dash lights.

I wonder if there is a way to wire in a resistor so that the car thinks the pump is running without turning it on. Not sure if this could also be an issue running down the battery, since on a trip loaded down would be the worst possible time for that to happen. I've never really paid much attention to what the car does when its not parked level if it stopped after a certain period of time or just doesn't try if its so far off level it can't do anything about it.

I wonder if there is a way to wire in a resistor so that the car thinks the pump is running without turning it on. Not sure if this could also be an issue running down the battery, since on a trip loaded down would be the worst possible time for that to happen. I've never really paid much attention to what the car does when its not parked level if it stopped after a certain period of time or just doesn't try if its so far off level it can't do anything about it.
When I get some time I will pull up the wiring diagram and take a look.

You may be able to tap in at the console switch pin 16 and go to ground. It’s just a momentary ground going into the ecu. But that may also cause it to throw a fault for having a constant ground.
148D880D-2A12-4442-ADBC-562F17DD2F0B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom