LFD Offroad Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have the LFD Offroad roof rack? Interested in pics and hearing your experience with them since they're priced lower than other full size racks.

Consider what all you want on your rack:
  1. Do you want a RTT now or in the future?
  2. Will you be loading it with heavy Pelican cases (or heavy whatever)?
  3. Will you want a full length front LED light bar?
  4. Will you want proximity lights on the sides and rear?
  5. Does it have six (6) mounting points of support (not 4) to the GX roof?
There's always a reason things are cheaper. It comes down to 1) material selection (including how it's finished/coated), 2) design, 3) labor costs, 4) volume. This last one "volume", I'm sure they're not selling tens of thousands to get their costs down, so it'll be one of the other three.
If it's built in the U.S., then they aren't cutting costs on labor. They just can't. No one would work for them.
So now you're down to material and design. Now think about the list above and what you want the rack for, because I'm pretty sure it is not a very robust rack.
I've never seen one of these racks, but as an engineer, I'm just looking at the facts. Ask questions about material finish and coating, what thickness of material and fasteners they're using. ALL fasteners MUST be stainless steel.

Some time ago one of the GX Mudders was complaining about a rack he purchased and buckled under the weight of his RTT. Then it started to rust.

We just picked up a 2017 I have been researching racks. My GX470 has a prinsu style rack which I really like. The LFD looks like a great upgrade option over the factory style cross members. Next step up (full custom rack) is a BIG step money wise. Just depends on what you need/want and the budget.

I have been watching their site for a while. Let us know what you end up with. I have thought about getting their crossbars for the factory rack as I don't plan on putting much weight up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom