Lexus V-8 with Transmission wired and ready to go. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1992 Lexus 1UZ-FE Motor 4.0 liter DOHC 32valve all aluminum V-8
1992 Lexus A340LE Transmission

Currently this motor is running in a Twisted Customs tube chassis. Got it running a little over a year ago. Motor at this point is running very well. It is already wired and would be very easy to drop into another chassis. I will mark all wires when I remove the motor. The motor is still in the chassis and can be ran or driven. The motor is setting no codes and purrs like a kitten. The motor has 130,000 some miles on it but the timing belts were replaced at 129,000.

The transmission is set up with an AW4 output shaft and adapter which mates it to a Dana 300 transfercase. The transmission was rebuilt last August for a cost of $1800. It has a custom built Lokar shifter on it.

The hydraulic pump has been gutted off the motor and the motor is currently set up to run electric fans. The power steering pump has been relocated to the drivers side of the motor and is a PSC high performance GM style pump with remote resivour. An additional idler was put in place of the factory power steering pump. The A/C compressor was removed off the engine. Currently set up with a correct length serpintine belt.

All the factory wiring to run the motor is intact and controls the motor as it should. This also interfaces to the transmission. The transmission could use a Level 10 or IPT transmissions auto/manual shift module. Its not needed but would be the only thing I would add to this combo to make it better.

This combo has a ton of R&D into it to get it running and operating correctly and is truly a unique motor on a trail rig.

The motor and transmission are sold as is and as a set I will not seperate.

The factory Lexus 2 book service manual for the donor car will be included.

New plug wires
New plugs

All wires will be labeled to assist you with relanding them in your project.

Oil pan is clearanced for passenger side driveshaft.

Dana 300 not included
PSC Pump not included bracket is included.

$1200 OBO

Motor is in Minnesota
motor 1.jpg

Last edited:
wiring mess that has been sorted out and is now neatly tied togther.
motor4.jpg

Nobody wants to drop a Toyota V-8 in a 40?

The tranny should also bolt to a 23 spline input Atlas t-case.

What would it take to make it smog legal?

Would it fit into a 2nd gen (1995) 4Runner?

Phil

Not sure what it would take to make it smog legal. Would have to add the EGR back in and add cats for sure.

Sorry, missed that one. Would need and ignition feed circuit, a starter circuit, a fuel pump circuit and a fan circuit. Electrically thats all it should need. The vehicle will need to plumbed with a high pressure fuel injection feed and return system. Exhuast will need to be added.

Off the top of my head that should be it.

I had not planned on including them but could for additional cost. They are readily available components from Summit Racing.

The radiator is a small block chevy aluminum radiator and the fan is a street rod unit. I have the part #'s available as well.

The $1200 is the new lower price. Thats less than the cost of rebuilding the transmission.

Last edited:
Why you getting rid of it Mike?

Need more power. Right now these motors are limited in their aftermarket support. Adding a turbo or a supercharger to add power is the way people are adding big power to these things. I would rather keep it simple so I am going with a different motor with more parts support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom