Lexus dealer experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had some trepidation in first visit w/my recent '05 LX buy to the Lexus dealer. Went to get the recall done (passenger side curtain airbag module replacement). They gave me a swanky loaner, so I drove it home, put on a clean shirt, and ran a few totally unnecessary errands as a poser in that 2017 RX, 1700 miles :)
They checked my sticky drivers' side seatbelt, gave me an estimate for repair ($300)...more critically, they gave me the part # to DIY. Also got the part # to track the missing cover from the smaller of the two storage pockets in the 3rd row area (their price = $40, part #64716-60040-B1...?)

While I imagine if they'd just handed me the invoice for a timing belt/water pump change I might have a 'different response', got to say, they were nice people & this was a nice first impression. They cleaned the rig inside and out, and topped off the fuel (1/2 a tank). Go Lexus!

My dad has leased the pretty much the same car (just newer models) since 1990 from them for this reason (LS4xx). There service has been excellent.

Had a very similar experience in Austin. As long as my payment continues to go through they service my truck like it was purchased last week and not 2003.

Unfortunately for me in SoFla I'm not feeling the warm n fuzzy from Kendall Lexus or West Kendall Lexus; yes I get a loaner if I schedule the service but the service is lacking and the amount of up-selling I have to put up with is ridiculous. I wish it was different, I'm close to the point of writing a letter to someone that may care but I feel it's just easier to do the maintenance stuff myself and let them be.

Only one visit to a Lexus Service center.
Great Coffee, nice waiting room, washed my 2002 LX470,
No loaner car was offered.
Made a big deal about my clear plastic carpet protectors and
immediately removed them to the back seat - safety issue ... oh gosh
I feel so unsafe. I note that carpet mat checks was on a lot of
Maintenance Records at Lexus.com when I was researching
maintenance during my search for a LX470.

Our local Lexus dealer is spectacular (we service my wife's GX460 there) - zero complaints.

Had some trepidation in first visit w/my recent '05 LX buy to the Lexus dealer. Went to get the recall done (passenger side curtain airbag module replacement). They gave me a swanky loaner, so I drove it home, put on a clean shirt, and ran a few totally unnecessary errands as a poser in that 2017 RX, 1700 miles :)
They checked my sticky drivers' side seatbelt, gave me an estimate for repair ($300)...more critically, they gave me the part # to DIY. Also got the part # to track the missing cover from the smaller of the two storage pockets in the 3rd row area (their price = $40, part #64716-60040-B1...?)

While I imagine if they'd just handed me the invoice for a timing belt/water pump change I might have a 'different response', got to say, they were nice people & this was a nice first impression. They cleaned the rig inside and out, and topped off the fuel (1/2 a tank). Go Lexus!

This was the place on Canyon Rd? Kuni Lexus or something? I need to go have the same recall done...

It is hard to beat the Lexus service experience, love it :) You pay for what you get though ;)

Had a similar experience in PDX at same dealer, then the next time they cooked the drivers side door lock actuator while programming a new key and just shrugged their shoulders and quoted $575 to replace it.

Not sure what side of town you're on, but Josh at Willamette Boulevard Service Center in north Portland is a total Cruiser/Yota head and does amazing work for very competitive pricing. Small shop, just him and his dad. I took my 80 to him solely and plan to do the same with my 100.

Wow I am super impressed. My airbag recall for my SC430 did not go like this. At the end I was just glad it was finally got done. I wish I am close to your dealer.

I may try convincing my Toyota dealer to work on my Lexus. I can't get service or parts to even return a phone call at Hendricks Lexus in Kansas City.

Not sure what side of town you're on, but Josh at Willamette Boulevard Service Center in north Portland is a total Cruiser/Yota head and does amazing work for very competitive pricing. Small shop, just him and his dad. I took my 80 to him solely and plan to do the same with my 100.
Lake Oswego, but I get up there regularly. Thanks, I just wrote their # down for future.

You aren't kidding, goggled the company and this is the pic that showed up. I'm jealous.

upload_2017-3-16_18-44-22.png

Service at my local Toyota is sub-par at best. I'm in Texas and buy & service at Sewell Lexus. I'll drive an hour to be treated like a king any day.

Service at my local Toyota is sub-par at best. I'm in Texas and buy & service at Sewell Lexus. I'll drive an hour to be treated like a king any day.
Yep. Waited all afternoon in the slums of Toyota of Dallas for the same recall work. No loaner. Crappy waiting room. Holding cell at county jail.

In stark comparison, there's Park Place Lexus Grapevine where I take my wife's LS430 for service. They gave me a 2017 IS200t whatever as a loaner just to fix a flat tire!

Get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom